Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The French Navy, Their Aircraft Carrier and Libya
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The French Navy, Their Aircraft Carrier and Libya

Recently I read that the premier ship of the French Navy had left the French port at Toulouse on its way to the coast off Libya. This ship the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle named after the great French soldier statesman is supposed to be a state of art warship with 29 aircraft and latest ECM and other paraphernalia. This action was in compliance witha United nation resolution to enforce a no fly zone over Libya. The aircraft carrier itself displaces 35,000 tons and after 5 years of trials was put into active service in 1999. It is the biggest ship of the European fleets and the largest warship commissioned by the French after the second world war. The French have moved the aircraft carrier around the world to trumpet French global reach.

I put on my thinking cap and racked my brain about the French Navy. Sadly through out History the French Navy has always remained second to the British and other Navys. During the second world war there contribution against the Axis powers was a big zero and earlier also the French Navy from the destruction of the Armada by Francis Drake and the Battle at Trafalgar(1805) against Nelson and teh British Fleet always came a cropper. Not forgetting the battle of Quiberon Bay(1759)where again the French fleet was annihilated by the English fleet.

So all the Hulla bulla about the French carrier moving against Libya may be taken with a pinch of salt. The only saving grace is that there is no worthwhile opposition to test the French aircraft carrier and as such the complement of 1800 personnel can reap a rich harvest of medals. Frankly the Libyans and Gaddafi have no Navy worth the name and their Air Force is also sub standard.

The French pride themselves as a great nation.I suppose they are but in Europe they have been repeatedly bested by the Germans and on the seas the Royal Navy has bettered the French. Thus I do not read much in the movement of the aircraft carrier to the Libyan coast. However the purpose of the movement to control and overthrow Gaddafi has all my support. But by God, if Gaddafi had a strong fleet the French Aircraft carrier could have been tested.
These are the Top most beautiful and superb wedding Destinations Glamorous Trip to fiji islands How to Copy Galaxy Tab for traveling time Blu-ray to iPad and ipod Make your holiday special on miles of Fiji Golden Sand Tips for Making Air Travel Easier Jim Corbett National Park Tour Delight You Always Salmonella is First Choice for Holiday Illness Claims Sunderban National Park, The prefect wildlife destination in East India Holiday'n'Adventure – Take the opportunity Calgary Travel Agencies Watch anime free to relax best Thailand and Pattaya Tours - Experience Holiday at Its Best Why to hire Seo Company Springfield mo expert?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.12.36.30) / Processed in 0.011072 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2240, 954,