Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Evolution of the GI Joe "A Real American Hero" Action Figure
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Evolution of the GI Joe "A Real American Hero" Action Figure

He came up with a concept that could be marketed to boys; a Barbie-like line with a military theme. Don Levine, creative director of Hasbro at that time, was pitched the idea and he approved it. Mr. Levine also came up with the name of the line, inspired by the 1945 movie "The Story of G.I. Joe".

The first ever G.I.Joe line was launched in 1964. They had the same scale as Barbie dolls, 12 inches, and there was originally four figures, one for each branch of the Armed Forces.

During the following years, G.I.Joe saw a few shifts in the war theme by being re-launched as "The adventures of G.I.Joe", and later on as "Adventure Team" to try to move away from the war theme associated with the Vietnam War. The original line of 12 inches G.I.Joe ended in 1976 in America.

A Real American Hero (1982)

G.I.Joe action figures were successfully re-launched in 1982 when Hasbro produced a smaller scale line of figures to try to compete with the popular Star Wars action figures. The decision to go with a smaller scale also allowed Hasbro to produce a variety of vehicles and play sets to increase the excitement of the line with youngsters.

The smaller scale line was canceled in 1994. A small assortment of figures were released in 1998, exclusive to Toys "R" Us, to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the 3 3/4 inches line.

The Return of the 3 3/4 inches G.I.Joe

It didn't take long after the last anniversary line to see the small figures make a comeback on the shelves. In 2000, Hasbro released a selection of figures and vehicles which lasted until 2002 and were sold in pack of 2. In 2002, the line was now called "G.I.Joe vs Cobra" and each collection from 2002 to 2005 was centered around a theme. After the basic edition of "G.I.Joe vs Cobra" there was "Spy Troops", and then later on the "Valor vs. Venom" theme.

After a brief hiatus in 2005, where Hasbro released another type of G.I.Joe action figures (Sigma 6, an 8-inches action figure), the 3 3/4 figure came back in the form of a direct-to-consumer line, which was available later at retail because of the success with collectors.

25th Anniversary

2007 was the year of the 25th anniversary of the "A Real American Hero" line. To commemorate the event, Hasbro released another collection of newly sculpted small scale figures based on the original designs of many of the most popular characters. The new figures replaced the classic "o-ring" waist with a swivel chest feature and many more increased articulations points.

This new line was a total success, and what was supposed to be only 2 collector set of 5 figures each became a full fledged line which is still running in 2008.

The "A Real American Hero" line of G.I.Joe figures has many collectors around the globe, and many of them buy their figures on the web through the use ofG.I.Joe action figures specialty sites which help collectors find the figures they're looking for, likehttp://gijoe.actionfigures-for-sale.com
Make Your Way to Orlando, the Best Holiday Destination in Florida by Traveling on Cheap Flights to Orlando Annual travel insurance: for annual cover Book Cheap Flight Tickets on the Web and Travel to the Most Fascinating Destination in USA Easter Holidays in Seville Different Things to Do on Your Trip to India Abu Dhabi Limousine providing the first class travel experience India Travel Holidays Africa in the pursuit of Democracy Watch American Idol Season 10 Finalists Take a Different Fun with Rajasthan Cultural Tour My top 5 hotels in Paris - For fashionistas and the budget minded My favorite 8 Shops, Stores & Boutiques in Paris Fire Pit Tables – A Relaxing Retreat in Your Own Backyard
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.9.7) New York / New York City Processed in 0.005440 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3143, 954,
The Evolution of the GI Joe "A Real American Hero" Action Figure New York City