Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » The Best Bar In Sydney - The Ivy - Review
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Best Bar In Sydney - The Ivy - Review

Ah, The Ivy. They say that if you haven't been to The Ivy, you haven't really seen Sydney's nightlife. Well, I've been to The Ivy and it most definitely is the embodiment of Sydney: big, expensive, and filled with options for whatever you want your night to be.

The Ivy is definitely not a club and it's not a bar - for one thing, it is split into two. To describe The Ivy in all its vastness is a mission on its own: when I was walking around, I'm sure I got lost on more than one location and somehow always ended up somewhere new. The entry point tucked behind a store on George Street (which is the entry I went in from) houses two pathways: the left takes guests to the Den, Ivy Bar, and Ivy Lounge, while walking straight ahead will see you find the lifts that go up to The Pool Club, The Changeroom, and the Penthouses. It's always great to try both, but on a hot summer's night I found The Pool Club and The Changeroom to be my ideal starting venue. From there, I somehow managed to work my way across to Ivy Bar, the Den, and Ivy Lounge before stumbling across the Penthouse by sheer accident. No matter where I was, it always felt like there was a new area to be discovered - and Ivy newcomers should beware: exploring all the places can see you get kicked out of floors with private functions, or just stared at by staff because you ended up in a restaurant or staff only section.

Now, while it's all well and good to want to sit down at The Ivy for a meal, I have to say that I really have never felt any compulsion to. To me, The Ivy is a spot to be when I want an indulgent night out, and fine dining certainly isn't included when the drinks are already priced well above average. Like everything else in Sydney, The Ivy has a tendency to overprice everything. I made the mistake of not going for pre-drinks before coming here, and two drinks later I was flat out of cash. While the cocktails were nice, the $10 for a beer was really uncalled for and certainly a case of "we're going to make this expensive because we can". Staff were also a bit of a hit-and-miss: I enjoyed talking to the people at the door but the floor staff and bartenders were definitely a disappointment. In a location like The Ivy, I would expect the pinnacle of high quality service and was greeted instead with a sense of condescension and ridiculous wait times that definitely didn't give it a hospitable atmosphere.

With that being said, The Ivy certainly does give a great atmosphere aside from its staff - the dcor is very classic chic (although overbearing and overdone sometimes in places like The Den) and there is always a massive crowd which means that energy constantly pulsates through each area. The range of people that like to rock up to The Ivy is like a lottery - people from every age bracket, every walk of life, and so on. The girls are beautiful and the guys are rich, making it the perfect spot to be if you want a dose of California or NYC right here in Australia. However, with beauty and money comes pretention, and it's no surprise that a lot of the guests can be rude and obnoxious if they want to. The music also has diversity to it: different rooms blast different beats, such as The Changeroom which cranks up the hip hop and RnB. The real idea behind being at The Ivy is that you're constantly discovering new places, and with this new discovery comes new places that you'll want to come back to next time.

But no matter what I say, when it comes down to it...The Ivy cannot be described in all its essence. It's one of those places that you just have to go to - even if you only go once - just to see what the fuss is all about. Just remember to have pre-drinks beforehand, or you will probably end up spending your entire week's earnings on your one night at this bar.
Asian Wedding Planners Actually Save You Money Benefits And Advantages Of Trial Lawyers England vs France live stream Six Nations Rugby online telecast at 26 February 2011 Restaurant Insurance: The Standard Insurance To Get For Your Business Natural Penis Growth - Unbelievable Simple Tips To Make Your Little Man Massive Tips to buy cheap eyeglasses and glasses online Enjoy Your Golden Triangle Tour Packages with us Seminyak Accommodation - Stay Bali Villas or Bali Boutique Hotels? One 2 Wear Wholesale Clothing Creating A Global Call Center Using A Flat Fee Recruitment Service To Reduce Your Small Business Costs Graduating With An Interior Design Degree Online Pure Acai Supplement - 100% Organic Antioxidant Acai Berry Weight Loss Pills Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.21.76.0) / Processed in 0.012973 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3971, 975,