Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Amazing Story Of How Paul Smith Travelled The World For Free Using Only Twitter
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Amazing Story Of How Paul Smith Travelled The World For Free Using Only Twitter

The Amazing Story Of How Paul Smith Travelled The World For Free Using Only Twitter

Once the identity of my alter-ego, the Twitchhiker

, is revealed, the first question I am asked is always the same: 'Where did you get the idea from?'

I wish I had some hilarious explanation but the truth is duller than Doncaster on a wet Tuesday. Some people are inspired by faith, others by great works of art.

For me, it was the bread aisle of Tesco in Gateshead. It was a Saturday lunchtime in January last year and my route to the fresh baguettes was blocked by a clatter of abandoned trolleys, their owners deep in conversation about Cheryl Cole or their recent holidays.

They were oblivious to other customers attempting to squeeze past. I began daydreaming, wishing I was somewhere else, somewhere hot with azure skies. The Amazing Story Of How Paul Smith Travelled The World For Free Using Only Twitter

Like millions of people, I spend far too much time using Twitter, a social networking site that connects friends and strangers alike.

Some use Twitter to relay mundane messages each limited to a maximum of 140 characters about their day, while others share news and information as it happens, in real-time.

A Twitter page is a sort of mini-blog. Yet Twitter isn't a one-way broadcast it's a two-way conversation, brimming with discussions and arguments, requests and offers of help.

I followed with interest the messages, known as tweets, of dozens of Twitter users around the world, and a similar number of people followed what I had to say.

And that's where my idea came from through Twitter I could reach out to people in other countries, who in turn could reach out to their friends and followers.

Could I somehow use this network to help me travel the globe? Could I, at 33, become the world's first Globe Twitterer? A Globe Tweeter? A Twit Tripper? No, I'd be a Twitchhiker.

By the time I reached the checkout, my plan was taking shape I would attempt to travel to the opposite side of the world in 30 days, relying entirely on the kindness and goodwill of fellow Twitter users.

Of course, everyone has exciting and occasionally ludicrous thoughts, but we rarely feel brave enough to follow them through.

Then, months later, we hear about somebody else who has had the same thought but also the determination to realise it. We mutter under our breath about how we thought of it first, kick ourselves and live with the regret.

I didn't want that to happen to me. I didn't have work ties preventing me from taking off.

Previously I had quit my degree in astrophysics to pursue a career in radio. I'd had fun as a producer and presenter.

Today, you can see Paul Smith stores here and there especially all over the world. If you're planning to choose Paul Smith Jeans as a gift for yourself or families, you can also purchase online, just please visit the Paul Smith Jeans online store(http://www.paulsmithonlinestore.com) for more discounts and save your money immediately! Good luck!

by: paul smith
Learning Spanish In Buenos Aires? Take A Side Trip To Uruguay Philippines - Australia Economic Cooperation Results In 17% Rp Exports Growth The Importance Of Tank Water Delivery In The Australian Outback Theatre In London The Web Serves As A Vast Search Tool For Places To Travel Insurance While Traveling An Essential Today Are You Safe On Your Travel Plans? Bad Move: Forgetting Travel Insurance Why Do We Use The Facility Of Hermosa Beach Property Inspection? Www.aypearl.com Introduces You The Fashion Jewelry In 2010 Autumn What It Means To Be A Safe Traveler Eco Gifts Why You Should Give Green This Christmas Christmas Gifts Give Something Different This Christmas
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.226.187.24) Tehran / Tehran Processed in 0.013024 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 3056, 954,
The Amazing Story Of How Paul Smith Travelled The World For Free Using Only Twitter Tehran