Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Tavern on The Green: Bring Back that Summer Night
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Tavern on The Green: Bring Back that Summer Night

I hope Tavern on the Green the Central Park re-opens in some form

. It worries me that Elaines may be next and then I can toss my Billy Joel albums in the trash knowing an era has ended.

It is easy to recall a summer night cocktail outing with friends watching women with - too few - clothes on dancing on the back patio. I brought my children there as young men, and had New Year brunch there a few times. Please Mr. BoatHouse ownerplease don't change it too much. This unique location, which was a former sheep house in the 19th Century (I kid you not), has memories for many New Yorkers and visitors alike and surely will retrieve its global audience.

Sorry to see the LeRoys throw in the towel. They were really nice people and I'm sure Warner LeRoy is turning in his grave as the City awarded the license to Dean Poll who operates the nearby BoatHouse Restaurant.

AP reported a few month's back that Tavern on the Green, the landmark restaurant in New York City's Central Park, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection...and many hope it comes back in some form.

The filing came just months before the 75-year-old restaurant is to hand over its license to another operator.

Tavern Chief Executive Jennifer Oz LeRoy blames the filing on the financial crisis and New York City's decision to give the Tavern license to a new operator.

The federal bankruptcy filing lists 20 creditors.

Poll, who took over Jan. 1, plans to renovate with green technology. The original building, which dates to the 19th century and housed sheep.

LeRoy's father, Warner, took over the Tavern in 1976. He died in 2001.

For more information visit http://www.worldmarketmedia.com/779/section.aspx/2352/post/tavern-on-the-green-bring-back-that-summer-night

By: Ronald Russo
Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2010 Naughty Nurse Costume Ideas For Halloween Can Holiday Allowance Affect Employee Motivation? Halloween Dress Ideas How Cheap Hotels Make A Great Trip Get 30% discount on Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe - Graco Quattro Stroller Review Jersey Shore Beach Rentals CALI, Luring destination for medical tourists on a Latin America travel experience Adventure Travel - Malaysia Baseball Tournament Steps Making Money As A Franchisee Is The Average American More Average? Ginseng, American Ginseng Product Standardization And Development Of Important Advances Have Been
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.216.229) New York / New York City Processed in 0.013053 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2196, 954,
Tavern on The Green: Bring Back that Summer Night New York City