Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » Tanning Bed Risks & Melanoma Skin Cancer By Edmonton Dermatologist Dr Lycka
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Tanning Bed Risks & Melanoma Skin Cancer By Edmonton Dermatologist Dr Lycka

Hi! This is Dr Barry Lycka, host and founder of Inside Cosmetic Surgery Today on

webtalkradio and YourCosmeticDoctor video blog - your inside source of cosmetic surgery today where you will find the newest and best information, where we will keep you informed about the things that are happening today in cosmetic surgery.

One thing I am constantly asked about is tanning booths so today I would like to discuss the dangers of tanning beds and tanning in general, especially as a cause of skin cancer.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer has stated that tanning beds are amongst the most carcinogenic of agents. They are rated alongside Arsenic, Plutonium and Radioactive Gas in causing skin cancer. In fact, if a teenager tans in a tanning booth, they have a 75% increase in getting melanoma skin cancer over their lifetime, and in addition they will have a higher increase of getting squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas.

Now tanning makes people feel good, but you can feel good by other methods, more naturally, without the dangers of tanning. You can look brown without having a tan. You can get that by having a spray-on tan, or by using one of the bronzing agents. And bronzing agents have got a lot better over the years.

Rubbing on a tan or spraying on a tan is certainly a lot healthier than getting a tan naturally and much safer than getting a tan from tanning bed usage.

Tanning beds do create a little bit of vitamin D - but its only a very small amount, so its better to get your vitamin D in a supplement - and the supplement should be 2000 international units a day. And also you have to realise that tanning booths give only mainly UVA which is a very poor source of vitamin D.

There is a growing movement in the U.S. and in Canada to try and outlaw tanning beds, especially in children. I am all for that - I think that tanning, especially from a tanning booth is one of the worst things you can do to your skin, but people do it all the time.

They shouldn't be called tanning booths, they should be called 'wrinkle parlours', and at the worst end they should be called 'cancer parlours'. Tanning parlours are places that should be avoided and people should really think about why they dont need to go there.

Tanning booths cause wrinkles and skin cancer. You do yourself a great dis-service and you cause harm to yourself by using them.

I look forward to connecting with you and if you have any questions for me and would like further advice on the dangers of tanning or anything about checking your skin for skin cancer then please contact me via any of the methods listed in the "About the author" box below, ask your question, and I will be back with an answer for you !

And keep looking out for more articles featuring cosmetic surgery & skin care advice and the latest in cosmetic procedures and anti-aging treatments.

by: Cosmetic Doctor
India Flowers Delivered: Flowers Always Speak Without Words Spa Treatments In Thane Establish A Plan Today! Eliminate Barriers To Treatments For Alcoholism Information About Stomach Cancer Arimidex - No Longer Breast Cancer! Why Is Arimidex Recommended When Breast Cancer? Cancer Amazing Personality Traits Over-the-counter Treatments Along With A Transformation Of Eating Habits To Stop Hemmoroids Conference Production - A Perfectly Delivered Stage Set Is All You Need To Make The Right Impression Window Treatments Dress Your Room Rajkot Schools Deliver Bright Future To The Candidates Head Lice Treatments Breast Cancer Awareness Lapel Pins Raise Awareness
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.174.195) / Processed in 0.011528 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3013, 301,
Tanning Bed Risks & Melanoma Skin Cancer By Edmonton Dermatologist Dr Lycka