Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Talking to Strangers Online, So Last Decade
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Talking to Strangers Online, So Last Decade

When I was 12 and I first discovered the internet I was amazed at how easily I could chat with a kid my age in LA, Capetown or Sydney in an instant. The fact that I could switch on my PC and 'meet' people on the other side of the world at any time of the day or night was almost magical. But inevitably after a little while the novelty of making chit-chat with somebody else simply because they were really far away wore a bit thin. I didn't really have much in common with them and sometimes they were just plain strange.

So I moved onto looking up things I was actually interested in, namely music and horses. Some of my favourite bands had chat-rooms of their own or really active fan-sites so this meant I could 'hang' with people I had something in common with, which was a real novelty because if I mentioned Boyz to Men or showjumping to my older brothers one more time I risked serious bodily harm.

Initially the internet was all about getting Global, reaching bigger, wider, further than ever before. In the nineties chat-rooms were huge, we could reach as far as we could imagine in no time! My older brothers never got too excited about chat-rooms but when they discovered they could play Street Fighter or Quake against a kid in Tokyo or a grown-up in San Diego, I honestly think the earth stopped moving for several seconds.

As the novelty of dealing with strangers grows old we are now looking for ways to deal with people we know online. We've met the 83 year old 'Rock-Chick' in Pennsylvania and the 14 year old 'Race Car Driver' in Glasglow. We're a little bit tired of the effort it takes to get to know if someone is for real or not and now all we want is to keep it local, safe and familiar.

Facebook the biggest social network in the world leads the way in the insular online community. We are friends with people online that we are genuinely acquainted with in real life. Moving away from communicating globally is the likes of FourSquare where you highlight your local area, encouraging you to become more acquainted with the places you know by becoming mayor etc. With the introduction of Facebook Places Mark Zuckerberg has combined our tight social network with the local theme sweeping the web. Zuckerberg says Places is less about showing the world where we are and more about 'finding places and sharing them with your friends.'

As we search for new ways to communicate we people we know online the world of social networking is catching up and incorporating our trusted online network into lots of different areas. LinkedIn helps us network with professionals but only if we know them. As Facebook encourages us to share our personal life with our friends online LinkedIn encourages us to share our professional life with our professional friends. Weedle, the online network of skills, has taken it a step further helping us to actively do business with people we know. When somebody searches for a skill they need those who they also have a connection with are highlighted to them first, e.g. went to same school, have a friend in common.

We may only want to 'deal' with our friends online but doesn't mean we limiting ourselves, in fact it's the o

Now Pay Close Attention --

Using your Facebook Fan Page to increase your business exposure and revenue is simpler than you've been told. Everyone with a facebook fan page faces the same two problems:

[Problem #1] How To Find Interested Facebook Users

[Problem #2] How To Bring Them To Become Your Fans

Facebook Fan Supply has been solving these two problems for hundreds of satisfied customers. The Facebook Fan Supply has been tried and tested and known to produce excellent results.

First: Click Here For Facebook Fans

Facebook Fan Supply always supplies REAL FANS targeted to your specific: Age Group, Keyword and Location.

Second: Order Your Facebook Fan Supply Package of 1,000; 2,000 or 5,000 Guaranteed Facebook Fans

Your new fans will arrive in 3 - 4 weeks and all fans are REAL FANS guaranteed to stick to your fanpage. Buy Facebook Fans today and boost your businesses online presence overnight.
Elemental Trader Bonus For Long-term Success The Best Place to Buy Dexter T-shirts Online Can You Really Make Money Online With Paid Surveys Without Getting Ripped Off? How To Take Advantage of Online Video Clips How to Take Online Classes? Online Art Supply Stores Have So Much More Choice Buy Zithromax online without a prescription Easy Access Window Style Online Free Insurance Quotes Online – Internet is Power Buy generic Zmax online without a prescription Outsourcing Your Online Article Submissions: Five Great Ways To Set Yourself Up For Success Buy generic Azithromycin online without a prescription How to Get Started Making Money Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.114.142) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012940 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 4380, 973,
Talking to Strangers Online, So Last Decade Copenhagen