Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Talking About Your Wedding at Work !
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Talking About Your Wedding at Work !

Of course, people at work know I'm engaged. I wear a diamond ring on my left hand, but no wedding band,vintage wedding invitationsand if I ever talk about PDog, I refer to him as "my fiance." I would just call him by his first name, but I have a coworker of the same name, so it gets confusing. (Side note: I HATE the term "fiance," because it seems like I'm trying to bring up wedding planning. I usually avoid talking about him at all. To compensate, I talk about my dog ad nauseam. No one is surprised.)

But I won't bring up my wedding planning, and if I am asked about it, I won't go into detail. For starters, I like to keep work life and personal life separate.

There's a bigger reason, though.

I work in an extremely cerebral environment. I'm in meetings with people who are intimidatingly studied and well-spoken. And there is a fairly stark age differenceI am the youngest person by a good twenty years. I appreciate that my coworkers take me seriously, and I don't want to do anything to remind them of my young age or relative inexperience. I'm sure people would be great about it if I did choose to introduce my wedding plans into conversation, but it's not the right choice for me. Is this over-analytical on my part? Maybe. But it works for my comfort level.

Well, I guess there's one person I talk about it with. She's around my age and works in my department, but she's not a colleague who's involved in my daily work. And it's nice to have that one person. A few weeks ago, she ducked in to show me her wedding invitations (gorgeous), and it was nice to have a little giddy, brides-to-be moment at work.

It took a relative stranger noting that my wedding is soon for it to sink in. For the rest of the afternoon, I was completely overwhelmed that we're getting married in three months. (I've been a little busy lately; guess it slipped past me.)

So I keep reminding myself: all of the basics are taken care of (except invitations, which are in-progress). Regardless of what details we complete, a wedding WILL take place. And I will be there. (So will Pdog. Probably. I don't know;classic wedding invitations I was pretty annoying this weekend.)

That's two questions for you:

1) Do you talk about your wedding at work?

2) Did the soon-ness of your wedding sneak up on you? Did you emotionally eat your body weight in onion rings over the weekend to silence the reverberating panic? No? Just me?
Personal Financial Planning Ideas Apply Online For Fresher Jobs In India Tips On Buying A Bunk Bed A Calming Experience on the Beautiful Beaches of Port Aransas by:Victor Komaleng Getting The Best Deals On Trucking Insurance FAMILY LAWYER MANLY Style, Glamour And Flare At The Bangkok International Fashion Fair Phases of Web Design Process Control Your Kids Sweets Cravings With Sugar Free Candy How To Get Cheap Insurance Meant For New Drivers The Advantage of Florida Marriage Records The Need To Buy Pine Furniture Pieces Is Your Beauty Salon Dangerous?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.240.178) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.005452 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2645, 975,
Talking About Your Wedding at Work ! Seattle