Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Take A Holiday Or Pay The Price!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Take A Holiday Or Pay The Price!

Take A Holiday Or Pay The Price!

I've just finished reading the most interesting article written by a Canadian physician

, Dr. Mel Borins, concerning health and holidays. Though written quite a number of years ago, it has a clear message and is relevant for many of us, today.

In the article he talks about the ideal work setting for him, where he would have his practice in one building, and right next door, he would have a travel agency. Allow me to quote from his article.

"I've always wanted to open up a travel consulting service next to my medical practice to counsel people regarding travel for health. In this office I would take a complete history, do a physical examination and appropriate diagnostic tests, and then according to your situation, I would prescribe an appropriate vacation. I would take into consideration, your age, state of health, financial capability, goals and needs. If you were out of shape, then trekking in the mountains might get you down to your ideal weight, stimulate your cardiovascular system, and tighten your flabby muscles. If you were suffering from burnout or working too hard, then flopping down in an isolated island without television might help rekindle the fire. If you were feeling spiritually drained, then spending a few weeks in a Yoga ashram or a Tibetan monastery or a Christian retreat might help you revive your spiritual connection and put you back on a spiritual path."

The reality is that for many of us, health problems occur due to burnout. Sadly, many people might not be aware of this, but it is often the case.Take A Holiday Or Pay The Price!

Cast your mind back to the last time you told your boss you were going on leave. Can't remember? In other words, it's been a very long time.

You see many of us have lapsed into workaholic lifestyles. Not much 'style' about it, is there? The reality is that very few of us actually plan to become workaholics, but many of us end up being so. It just sort of creeps up on us, like old age, and wrinkles, and DEATH! So how about you think seriously about what you'd rather?

There is a common agreement in the health profession, that having vacations is vital to our general health and wellbeing. Working excessively long hours at work, and bringing more work home is impacting greatly on our welfare.

So, if your life is one of overwork, not enough play, and spending inordinate hours on the road taking your children to their various pursuits, it is surely time for a break, if you want to stay well.

Work is one of life's stressors. Having regular vacations allows our bodies to wind down and forget about the daily rigours. It also gives us time to exercise and get our bodies working effectively.

And here is a wonderful advantage you may not have thought of. If you do take a break, you may well find yourself re-connecting with your family. That's certainly something worth considering

You know, holidays are not about getting into debt, staying at five-star holidays resorts, and pursuing opulent overseas travel. They are about people, about living in the now, and about returning home feeling relaxed, with memories that will last a lifetime. Go on! The time is NOW! Take a holiday!

by: Maria Rattray
Add Pleasure To Your Leisure Time!!! Looking For Cheap Key West Hotels? Timberland Boots Stay Here for You Improve Up-selling And Cross Selling During The Holidays Reservations Master Designing Custom Tours For The Passionate Traveler Reservations Master Organizing Custom Travel For Passionate Travelers Villa demand soars in Phuket with Thailand Holiday Homes How Will a Walking Tour Dublin Centered Enrich Your Experience? Walking Tours Dublin Based Will Give You a Better Sense of History Traveling With Your Golden Retriever Reminders In Renting A Car In Ireland Tips For Traveling To London Indoor Spring Bulbs
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.69.152) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.011934 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3326, 954,
Take A Holiday Or Pay The Price! Amsterdam