Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Sudden Death From Psychostimulants? Getting A Balanced View and Deciding What Is Best For Our Kids
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Sudden Death From Psychostimulants? Getting A Balanced View and Deciding What Is Best For Our Kids

Sudden Death From Psychostimulants? Getting A Balanced View and Deciding What Is Best For Our Kids

Did you know that highly hyped ADHD drugs are failing in clinical trials? Maybe you know that there are over 10,000 entries in Google for the search term 'Ritalin sudden deaths'? The discussion about Ritalin side effects seems trivial in respect to the above news.

Let us take the news of the clinical trials first. The reason that the murky world of clinical trials for all types of drugs has come to light is the revelation in The Annals Of Internal Medicine.. They carry a report which states that the vast majority of trials using the RCT method with placebos is not controlled at all.

This simply means that the contents of the placebos have not been revealed in the trials when they have been published in medical journals. They remain a dark secret! The pharmaceutical companies can put anything in these tablets which are supposed to be nothing but water or some other innocuous materials. This revelation has rocked the medical world and it shows that we cannot really rely on these trials at all.

There is another disturbing aspect in that the companies themselves, organize and fund all these trials. The conflict of interest is there for all to see but nobody seems to care or mind. Let us look now more carefully at Ritalin side effects.

There are risks for long term health and though the risk of sudden death may be small, the fact that the kids who are on Ritalin and other psychostimulants are seven times more likely to suffer from sudden death is alarming. That comes from a report in the American Journal of Psychiatry.

The other side effects of Ritalin are well known and documented and can be viewed on the FDA site. They include insomnia, loss of appetite and also stunted growth. There are advantages of course in taking these medications in that they can relieve the ADHD symptoms but these results are shortlived as recent research shows. The effects of these psychostimulant drugs seem to wear off after three years.

The side effects of Ritalin may not seem to be so dramatic but when we consider that child with ADHD has so many problems and obstacles to overcome, then it does seem, in my opinion to be taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

In my search for safer alternatives, I discovered that ADHD homeopathic remedies have no side effects at all and the long term health risks are nil. That came as a surprise to me. There were a few other surprises too which I have described on my website. Why not click through and get the other side of the story?
Child Support And Spousal Support Basics Tips For Spectacular Kids Window Treatments All You Need To Know About Anal Toys Insights On Child Behavior The Many Types Of Child Behavior Difficulties You Have To Recognise Children Hair Styles The Most Exquisite & Delightful Childrens Gold Jewelry Study: University-age Children Not Harmed By Divorce Kids Scavenger Hunts Online Dating Service For Teens-its Important Part Of Life Teen Bulimia Parent(s) Who Have Children With Autism Can Become Positive--how? xmas present for her, xmas present ideas for kids
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.12.205) / Processed in 0.012174 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2674, 956,