Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Some Valuable American Travel Etiquette
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Some Valuable American Travel Etiquette

I love America and I am proud (and privileged) to be part of this great country. Unfortunately, I am not always proud of my fellow Americans when observing their behavior outside the United States. Americans have a bad reputation as arrogant and pushy. The problem is, it is often TRUE. When traveling, I witness this behavior and always wonderdo I know those people? With today's global political environment and an often-failed US foreign policy, it is more important than ever for Americans to show the world that WE ARE NOT MONSTERS. To accomplish this, simply practice the following etiquette when visiting other countries:

Service

Remember, you are a GUEST in their country. Some other countries may move at a SLOWER pace than America. The fact is, the difference in culture is one of the most popular reasons for visiting foreign countries, so do NOT complain about the pace. Do not belittle service personnel. America is not the only great country in the world. Some Valuable American Travel Etiquette

Rules

Respect each country's policies, rules, customs, etc., regardless of how unnecessary, inefficient or inconvenient you may think they are. Just keep your comments to yourself and be friendly and polite. Some of the policies that you perceive as "inconvenient" may actually be in place due to problems they have experienced with other Americans.

Social Status

Please do not act like you are better than other people. First of all, YOU ARE NOT. The good fortune of living in a wealthy country such as America is a privilege most of us were simply born with, and not earned.

Sports/Religion

The rest of the world may not share your taste in "sports" or religion. In fact, America's most popular sports may be of little interest in your destination country. Additionally, religion is very personal and most people are very dedicated to their beliefs. Respect our differences and feel free to show interest and support for cruelty-free sports.

Accommodations

The world has not adapted a universal rating system for accommodation quality. A "5-star" quality in one country may be a "3-star" in another. Traveling the world should be an exciting adventure intended to enjoy the culture, the history and the sites, and NOT only for luxurious accommodations.

Gratuities

One of my favorite quotes is "I don't believe in tipping, I believe in over tipping". Make a lasting impression; tip generously when traveling outside the U.S.
Surf Travel and Break Waves in Ireland Spend Less and Earn More with American Eagle Coupons The Harrington Summer Hockey Camp Spring Cleaning? Don't Forget Your Colon Cheap Travel Insurance: Exceptional Cover Overseas Going To Travel To America? Making Use Of The Visa Waiver Program Prevalent Airport Hassles that Can Be Remedied with Travel Insurance Straightforward Meditation and Leisure Technique Nature Meditation Maximising Travel Time By Undertaking Maths Revision Best China Spring Travel Destinations The Urban Myth Of The Black American Express Card Cheap rate not enough to attract travelers South India Tours - A Full Fledged Experience with Spectacular Beaches
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.13.229) / Processed in 0.006310 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 2597, 954,