Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Six-figure Income School - Be Strong And Triumph
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Six-figure Income School - Be Strong And Triumph

Today I cut some roses from my garden and brought them inside to put in vases

. As I was trimming the leaves from the stems, I noticed a little spider in the sink. Clearly I had disturbed whatever it had been doing in the garden.

Now I am not particularly concerned about spiders if I know they are not harmful. I think we should learn to be a little more accomodating of the few bugs that find their way into our homes. Often they disappear as quicky as they came. Also perhaps they have as much right as we do, to live wherever they choose! They are an essential part of our universe and I suspect that many of us, in not recognizing this, reach all-too-quickly for the spray can whenever we see one perceivably encroaching on ?our territory?.

This one looked very much like a garden orb-weaver, which I understand is not venomous. I made the decision to leave it in the sink, hoping it would eventually disappear back into the environment.

As I cut the roses it was clear to me that the spider was observing my movements. Whenever I moved my hands, the spider moved to the other side of the sink. If I stopped to observe it, the spider stopped too, waiting, watching! We were a match for each other!

Eventually, and against any action that I would normally take, I decided to flush it down the drain. The reaction of the spider was instantaneous. It scarpered up the side of the sink to where it felt safe, and waited. I tried to ease it down, but it sensed my action and once again, moved away quickly.

I ran the water more fiercely and was amazed to observe how tenaciously, in the face of adversity, the spider clung to one little rose stem that lay at the bottom of the sink. As the water swirled around it, the spider moved with amazing alacrity, to the upper side of a leaf.

That's when I decided the creature deserved better. It had mustered every bit of energy in order to stay alive. Had I in fact killed it, I know I would have been conscience-striken by my cruelty.

And so, I took the stem into my garden, and there I set the creature free. During that time I know that it was observing my actions. Perhaps too, it breathed a sigh of relief. Thinking about that makes me feel good.

This made me stop, think, and consider the human condition in relation to the spider's experience. You see when life is easy and without challenge, when things are running smoothly, we have the energy and the audacity to complain. And we do it so well! However, when life throws us a huge challenge, we don't have time for recrimination, we don't have the energy to waste on complaining, and there is no room for anger. The fact is that we are too busy trying to stay afloat, looking for ways to survive, using every bit of energy we can muster, and more, to do so!

We can learn lots from nature if we take the time to observe. Plants have an uncanny instinct for surviving drought, and very quickly rid themselves of their leaves, thereby conserving water. Dead-looking grass is in fact alive and well underground.

Insects thrive in drought because of their amazing ability to adapt, surviving on both natural and artificial food such as paint, paper, cotton, glue and other insects. Their exoskeleton covers their body and is resistant to chemicals.

My spider survived because of its determination and vigilance, and perhaps a belief that it could outwit me. It deserved to win the survival game.

Humans differ in response to adversity. Some have a tendency to cave in and accept defeat. In doing so, they demonstrate their belief that the problem is bigger than they can deal with.

But think, about someone such as Viktor Frankl who survived the Nazi concentration camp to become one of the most prominent psychologists of the 20th century. In his book entitled, 'Man's Search for Meaning', Frankl talks about the pivotal moment when some men learned to be helpless, learned to lose control. It was at a camp when a guard warned the men that they would never, ever leave. Those who embraced the belief died soon afterwards whilst those who rejected the dire warning and remained hopeful and strong, survived.

Michael Milton who lost his leg to cancer when he was nine years old, determined that he would one day ski again. He went on to become one of Australia's best-known athletes and the fastest skier ever! Recently he walked the Kokoda track, where he really explored his mental toughness, experienced the physical and mental journey and learned much about himself and those around him.

If you are at a point in your life where you are wondering how you might survive, perhaps you might think about what reserves you can muster in order to survive. What talents do you have?

Reflect on the spider. It is not privy to re-training, internet help, or the likes. But, at the end of the day, it fought to survive and triumphed. So too, can you!

by: Maria Rattray
Purchase Gas Furnace Online Is All The Hype Around Making Money Online Really Just Hype? Article Submissions - A Marketing Channel With Infinite Roi Seo Tips - Forget Google: 5 Tips For Alternative Seo Why Purchase Discount Contacts Online? What You Should Know About Enrolling For Degree Online Top Tips On Instant Success In Product Creation And Making Money Online Build A Coupon Site - Online Coupon Code Websites Easily Save Your Time and Money It Was Not Only Von Dutch Learning Guitar Online Versus A Private Instructor Fun Things To Do Online Best Online Reverse Cell Phone Look Up Online Sentence Structure Checker - Have You Tried This ?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.26.246) / Processed in 0.014850 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 5100, 973,