Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Shredders Are Not Play Toys
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Shredders Are Not Play Toys

We all know there are so many dangers lurking around our house; especially when we have a toddler. We tend to lock down the house real well. But sometimes we forget to look out for our pets. Or we get to relaxed with our equipment and forget all of the warning signs on it. One such device is the paper shredder.

The number one thing to remember about shredder safety is to remember it is business equipment, not a play toy. We all have had some fun shredding at some point in time. Maybe it was when you had a stressful day and something about the noise the shredder makes when shredding paper calms you. Or maybe it was when we first watched a paper shredder shred a document we derive some enjoyment of the destruction it made.

The second thing we need to remember is, even if it is one of those shredders that shut off when it thinks a hand or paw is near, its best to keep it unplug when it is not in use. You should never let a toddler or small child operate the paper shredder, even if you are supervising them. It is best practice to unplug the shredder and hide it in a cabinet or closet, especially if it is kept out in the open.

The reason why I wrote about this is because I came across the article, Dog Licks Paper Shredder, Gets Tongue Caught, on the Chicagoist site. This isn't the first time that I have heard of such a story, in fact there are plenty on the Internet. To an outsider, it seems like the adult responsible for the shredder made stupid mistakes and it is hard to see the consequences of such accidents. It usually always angers me. I do not have kids, but I do have a dog and I do always keep the shredder unplugged when I am not using it.
Make cooking fun with kids aprons What Teenagers Need To Know About Make-Up Sex After Childbirth - Communicate! What Acting Classes Can Teach Your Child Shared Child Custody - Is This the Right Custody For Your Child? Shared Child Custody - Killer Tips Child Custody - Can the Child Choose His Preferred Custody? Buy Your Child A Beautiful and Distinctive Watch For Christmas Marketing goods for children Your brand-new Child's Name ? My Teen Wants To Know How Sex Was And Is For Me! What Do I Say? Moving with Children Wool Area Rugs For The Kids Room
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.79.97) / Processed in 0.010719 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 1755, 956,