Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Shipyard Cumulative Trauma Injuries: A Longshore Act Attorney's Take
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Shipyard Cumulative Trauma Injuries: A Longshore Act Attorney's Take

Shipyard Cumulative Trauma Injuries: A Longshore Act Attorney's Take

There are many traumatic injuries which regularly occur in shipyards

. However, more "routine" type injuries also occur. Many of the injuries shipyard workers suffer are due to repetitive trauma or repetitive motion. From lifting, to welding, to ship fitting, to reaching to bending to stooping - - these type of injuries are disabling. Many workers "work through the pain" because they need to feed their families and can not afford to miss time from work.

Cumulative trauma injuries occur over time. For example, a chipper's hands may develop carpel-tunnel syndrome due to the repetitive movement of the chipping gun. Or a shipfitter may gradually suffer hearing loss due to exposure to load noise below decks. Cumulative back strains can cause long-term disability. These may technically be successive injuries or repetitive trauma.

If the disease or injury arises due to working in the shipyard, on the waterfront, in harbors or as Longshoreman; then it may be found to be compensable under the Longshore Act.

The following are examples of cumulative trauma injuries which are most likely compensable under the Longshore Act:Shipyard Cumulative Trauma Injuries: A Longshore Act Attorney's Take

"I work overhead for hours on end and the top of my shoulder starts stinging and getting numb after 3-4 hours."

"I start feeling numbness in my left knee after having to climb ship board ladders all day. I have difficulty finishing the shift. I am popping over the counter pain medication to make through the work day."

"I injured my back for the first time when I fell into an uncovered whole in the early 90's. My back has been getting worse and worse since then. Two weeks ago I was lifting a bracket and a felt a stabbing pain in the same part of my back."

"I have been using a chipping gun for over 15 years. My hands have been getting numb on me for the last few years."

"I try and wear hearing protection, but I have to take them out sometimes just to hear the supervisor. Even with the ear plugs it is very loud in the spaces where I work. Lately I've had to turn the television up louder and louder and my wife and kids are on me about it."

"I have been dropping my welding torch for the last few years. My hand doesn't have the strength it used to have. It hurts to grip the torch sometimes."

"My back has gotten to the point that I can barely bend over. I have this tightness in my low back whenever I have to go up and down shipboard ladders with my tools."

All of the foregoing shipyard injury scenarios may be termed cumulative trauma type injuries. If you or a family member has a "sore knee," "sore back," "sore elbow" or the like; be sure to contact a good experienced Longshore Act Lawyer.

Always tell the truth regarding your shipyard injury claim. Whenever you go into court asking for money your credibility is always at issue. Don't fudge or exaggerate your claim or injuries. You only have one case and you don't get any "do-overs." Don't risk losing your case - - always tell the truth.

by: William Turley
Some Brief Tips On Getting Cheaper Auto Insurance Shopping Around For Car Insurance To Help You Get Cheaper Rates Caminhos para o Autor Novato Nfl Jerseys Rams Main Quarterback Was Injured,number One Scholar Are Expected To Serve As Starting Van Insurance Guide for Commercial Vehicles Shopping For The Best Auto Loan Forestry Trucks: Not Just For Picking Cherries Get Your Car Insurance Before Buying from Humble Hyundai in Houston Why You Need Business Auto Insurance Lower Auto Insurance Costs for Your Teenager Visit Your Insurance Agent Before Buying at Ron Carter Ron Carter Chevrolet Changes Views about Used Autos Proof of Insurance Required To Drive Your Ron Carter Chevrolet Home
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.122.162) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.012649 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3132, 952,
Shipyard Cumulative Trauma Injuries: A Longshore Act Attorney's Take Seattle