Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Senior Wins Australian PGA in Playoff
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Senior Wins Australian PGA in Playoff

Australia's Peter Senior won the rain-delayed Australian PGA on Monday, beating Geoff Ogilvy with a par on the second hole of a playoff to become the oldest player to win a major professional tournament in Australia. The 51-year-old Senior, a regular on the Champions Tour, made a 10-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole in regulation for a 1-under 71 to match Ogilvy, the Australian Open winner last week in Sydney, at 12-under 276. Ogilvy finished with a 66.

Both players parred the 18th hole on the first hole of the playoff, and Ogilvy three-putted for a bogey on the second extra hole to give Senior his third Australian PGA title. He won the 1989 event at Riverside Oaks near Sydney and the 2003 tournament at Coolum.

"What a great Ping G15 Driver + Fairway Wood to finish the year," Senior said. "Geoff hit a pretty indifferent iron shot into 18, and we all know how difficult it is to get down from that area. But I would have rather made my (birdie) putt instead of Geoff three-putting, but that's what happens." Senior Wins Australian PGA in Playoff

Ogilvy said he was disappointed with the finish but not with his play overall in the past two weeks."That's the best way I've finished a year in a long time," Ogilvy said. "But to be honest, I never really felt that I was in this tournament until Sunday. And I never thought my 12 under would hold up for a playoff."

Ping G15 Seriesare engineered for golfers seeking a maximum forgiveness driver that delivers distance and accuracy. Its 460cc titanium head is longer front to back and features PING's patented ultra thin crown technology. Weight savings from the thin crown are positioned as an external sole weight to optimize the center of gravity for higher trajectories and reduced spin.

Ogilvy had to wait at least an hour "I hit Ping Rapture V2 Series on the range" between his finish and Senior completing his round in the final pairing. Twenty-four players finished the round Monday after heavy rain delayed play Sunday. American Bobby Gates, who led by a stroke after the third round, bogeyed two of his final nine holes Monday and finished with a 74, leaving him two strokes out of the playoff.

Ogilvy resumed play Monday on the 14th hole, and birdied that hole and No. 16. Senior, ahead by one when play resumed, bogeyed his first hole of the day the 10th after his tee shot in pouring rain Sunday left him in the trees.
Big Drop For Cyprus Holidays Prefer Clear Travel For Discounted First Class Airfare A cultural destination in central Florida How to Select the Best Strip Tillage Unit Strip Tillage - Do Not Commit Mistake Unknowingly Holiday in Greece is always a special experience Christmas Bell in Top Destinations of US Clear Travel For Booking Of Domestic Flights In India Africa Great Option For Luxury Holidays! Last Minute Spring Break Travel Deciding Where To Stay On Your Trip To Disney World Rajasthan Heritage Tour - Glory And Excellence Rome Tour At A Glance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.66.196) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012590 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2503, 954,
Senior Wins Australian PGA in Playoff Copenhagen