Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Sedation Dentistry - Huh?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Sedation Dentistry - Huh?

Sedation Dentistry - Huh?

Sedation Dentistry? I had never really heard of this until I started doing some research for the phrase "Alpharetta dentist" for a project I have at another website. Even after I had seen the phrase a couple times, I dismissed it as some sort of marketing hype or some technical jargon that dentists use. But then for some reason I stopped for a minute and really gave the phrase some thought. Good grief, are they basically saying they will sedate you to do dental work? Indeed. Now I get they will sedate you or put you under general anesthetic to perform major procedures such as a root canal or pulling wisdom teeth or something. But Sedation Dentistry is something entirely different.

Sedation dentistry is where they will basically drug you to the point where you don't really know what the heck is going on. One dentist I know of who is an Alpharetta dentist, describes says that they give you a pill to take about an hour before your appointment. You're supposed to have someone bring you to your appointment and by the time you get there, you're supposed to be really drowsy. They say you'll be sedated just enough to be unaware of the procedure, "as if you were relaxing." I relax all the time, but I'm pretty sure if someone were performing dental work on me while I was relaxing, I would be aware of it. They say you will have little or no memory of the experience and that you won't really remember any sights, smells or sounds.

They say that upwards of 30% of the population in the United States actively avoids going to the dentist because of fear. There is no doubt that going to the dentist can be a really unpleasant activity. But I have to say that this business of sedation dentistry would make me a little nervous. I guess you need to have a really solid relationship with your dentist to trust them to perform this sort of work on you.

It's important to remember or be aware of the fact that there is a difference between sedation and anesthesia. Anesthesia is administered by an anesthesiologist, whereas the sedation dentistry is typically administered by the dentist. Again, reports of sedation dentistry state that most patients will not have any recollection of the dental visit, but that the patient consciousness is maintained to some degree. I guess this is to aid the dentist with things like cooperation and safety.

Taking advantage of sedation dentistry does not negate the need for a local anesthetic to numb the local area where work is being performed, according to an Alpharetta dentist.
The Wall Tour to Include Special Guest Tips For Buying Shoes Online Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend Funky Accessories for Women Blind Dating And Casual Dating which Is better You Can Have Better Fitting Clothes with Larger Breasts How To Buy Original French Furniture 2 Options For Fast Property Finance How To Find A Good Cosmetic Dentist? Buy Curtains To Go With Your Quilt Sets 10 Ways To Help You Relax Holiday Accommodation in Sydney Online college degree pros and cons
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.107.90) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.012507 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2647, 975,
Sedation Dentistry - Huh? Atlanta