Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » Sea World Marketing & Advertising Strategies For Small Businesses
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Sea World Marketing & Advertising Strategies For Small Businesses

We're going to evaluate the field trip that we took recently to SeaWorld in San Diego for my birthday. We decided to go to SeaWorld on one of the days that we were in San Diego, and as always when I visit some of these entertainment venues: Baseball stadiums, family amusement parks, any types of venues like that, I always like to watch what they're doing, because they're spending tons and tons of money on technology. They're spending lots of money on training, and they also spend a lot of money on marketing and advertising.

So what can we learn from them, and then how can we adapt it to our small business and be more effective? And then what can we learn from them where they're making mistakes and we can take advantage of it? Both situations did apply themselves at this trip to SeaWorld.

First of all, we came into the park and they had a line where you can get your ticket. And you went in, and you could actually go to a kiosk to buy tickets instead of having to wait in a long line. So we went over to the kiosk, and it was fantastic.

The first thing it asked for was our zip code. Now I'm assuming this is because they want to know exactly where their visitors are coming from so that next year they can actually spend more money in the areas or the geographic regions where most of their visitors are coming from.

It's a smart, smart strategy. They're collecting data prior to you even buying a ticket so that they know next year where they should be spending more money with travel agents, radio stations, TV stations, all those things. So it's a very, very smart strategy.

So if you're not collecting information, in your business; including first names, last names, email addresses and zip codes, you're making a huge mistake because your customer list probably has a bias to it in certain regions in your community. It would be very smart if you collected this data, also. That was very smart of SeaWorld.

The next thing that I noticed they were doing was what they called an All Day Dining Pass where you could go from restaurant to restaurant to restaurant and get whatever types of food you wanted. And they charged, I believe, it was $39 for an adult and I think it was $29 for a child. I didn't buy one because we were just there for basically the afternoon, so it really didn't work out for us, but for many families, it's probably a great option so they're not spending piecemeal by piecemeal by piecemeal.

It's a very smart strategy for SeaWorld because they probably are getting more per person with that dining plan than they would have if each person would have bought all of their meals a la carte. They might get all three meals now, or two meals instead of one. So it's a very smart strategy on behalf of SeaWorld.

So how can you take what SeaWorld did with their All Day Dining Plan and make an all and inclusive experience with your business?

Now many people are probably thinking, Jeez, I'm not a family entertainment option. I don't have meals. But you know, there are things that you could do. As an example, if you're an auto repair shop, you could have an all-inclusive oil change with delivery of the car to and from their house and a car wash included. So there's lots of things that you could do. So you've just got to take and look at what SeaWorld was doing and how can you translate it to your business.

One of the other unique things that I saw was and this is really cool, because I really like to watch for these types of thingsproviding extra value to your customers where you're not spending any more money. SeaWorld, because they've got a lot of young children, they actually had a free bottle warming service.

So if you had a baby, you could give them your bottle and they would warm it for you at no charge. And they had signs all over in the bathrooms that noted this. So it was very smart on their part to tell people about their bottle warming service. So if you're a family with young children, this is very valuable to you, and it didn't cost SeaWorld a dime, but it made them look like a hero in the eyes of many moms.

The other thing that was very interesting that was there was And this probably isn't as smart on SeaWorld's part, but I'm certain they probably got paid for this But if you went to SeaWorld, they actually had a Cirque du Soleil show out there as part of one of their acts.

Now my guess is that Cirque is using this as an introduction so that people actually see Cirque. So it was a media decision for Cirque du Soleil. It was very, very smart for Cirque because now they've got an outlet where people could see twenty minutes of Cirque and introduce people and families to Cirque du Soleil.

Many families might not even know what it was, and that could be their very, very first Cirque experience, so the next time that Cirque comes to their town, they're more likely to buy the $75 ticket or when they go to Las Vegas, pay $200 to go see one of their shows. If you've been to a Cirque show, they're phenomenal. And if I get a chance, maybe I'll include a quick video clip at the end of this Small Business Straight Talk with some of the Cirque du Soleil shows, because it was fantastic. It's a great show.

Also, SeaWorld was very, very smart. They actually had a very high-end ticket; I mean, it was high-end depending on who you're talking to. But they had an animal experience or animal interaction where you could go swim with the dolphins for $190 a person. Now this is great, because their average ticket, I believe, or their average sale when they go in is $75. I think it was $75 for the day. But now, if that same person goes for the animal interaction, they get $190 for that.

Now my guess is most of that $190 goes straight to the bottom line because they've already got the dolphins there, they've already got the trainers there, and they've already got the customer there. So this is $190 a person that's going into their cash register above and beyond the seventy-five bucks. So it's a very smart strategy for SeaWorld to do this.

So that was a recap of our day at SeaWorld. We also got these real cool Shamu Killer Whale slippers that my daughter Presley just She loves these things, and in fact her friends love them so much that they want to steal them. But it looks like we're going to have to buy a couple of these online as gifts for her friends.

by: Darin Spindler
Something Important on APB (apb cash) Short Term Payday Installment Loans - Cash Available For Short Time Period Without Hassle Fast Cash Loans With Bad Credit-for Swift Monetary Help How To Run A Catering Business Az Foreclosures Push Supply Up To Historic Levels Allowing Investors To Reap 15 To 25% Cash-on-cash Personal Motivation A Key To Building Your Business Unemployed loan: Swift and easy access to hassle free cash A Brief Insight On How To Buy Cheap Business Class Tickets Is Branding Important For Every Business & Every Product? Corporate Gift Baskets Montrealbest For Impressing Your Clients Each time It Is About The Movie Business You Could Uncover Absolutely no Absence Of Movie Styles To Suit Ones own Preferences Data Entry Services and Advantages of Data Entry for Business Get Innovative With Your Business Through Bulk Sms
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.236.106) / Processed in 0.006688 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 38 , 6834, 146,