Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Salsa Dancing Is A Great Activity To Try During Your Cuba Holidays
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Salsa Dancing Is A Great Activity To Try During Your Cuba Holidays

I just returned home from another fantastic trip to Cuba

. I had already been to the island before, but never on salsa Cuba holidays. I booked the trip as part of a special Salsa Tour offered by a London-based travel agency that are experts in travel to Cuba (they were called The Holiday Place) and it consisted of a fantastic two-week programme full of fun salsa lessons and visits to fantastic dancing venues.

I had my accommodation at the Plaza Hotel, located in the heart of Old Havana, the historic colonial centre of Havana. A hotel with a history, a pretty colonial architecture and a privileged position near the popular Central Park (Parque Central) and the Capitol building, the Plaza Hotel was the perfect retreat to rest after a day of non-stop salsa dancing and visiting historic sites. I was actually closer to most of the historical places in the area, with museums, hotels, cafes and squares all within easy walking distance. The Plaza was really friendly with a good service and a lovely view to the always busy and bustling Old Havana, especially from its terrace. But this time I didnt go to Cuba for the pretty sights or typical cultural tours, I went this time for another reason....Salsa !!!

I joined a group staying at my hotel and at the nearby Sevilla Hotel, located just two blocks away; where the dancing lessons took place. The first week involved simple lessons mainly with a few steps combinations. The second week was more about real salsa dancing, so I went to various salsa dancing venues, such as The House of Music in Galeano (crowded, exciting and a very lively venue).

I had some friends from the UK who danced with me as part of the practical phase, but I also dared to dance with some of the true experts; the locals and they were amazing, their dancing was incredible and it was a little hard to follow them (better not talk about me this time). I also had the opportunity to go to the Palacio de la Rumba (Rumba Palace) where a few salsa bands were playing live. We all had the honour to attend a live concert performed by Van Van; one of the most prestigious salsa bands in Cuba and internationally (winners of a Grammy award). I was more than lucky to personally meet Mr Formell (director of the band and founder) and shake his hand after the concert. This legendary band has been around since the early 70s so you know they are a big part of salsa history in Cuba.Salsa Dancing Is A Great Activity To Try During Your Cuba Holidays

I felt a bit sad when I realised that days had passed by so quickly and I had to get a flight back home, but I heard our group is planning another salsa trip for next summer...so I am really looking forward to it.

by: Jose Gundin
Travelling In India Travel To Terrific Torquay Have Fun While Travelling Within London For Those Staying In St Pauls London Hotel Indian Travel Agent Your Companion On The Road Unknown Packing For Traveling To Another Country Nile Cruise Holidays To Luxor From Aswan World Travel & Tourism Industry Competes For Bric Tourists New Travel & Tourism Buzzwords: Inclusive, Accessible Haven Holiday Parks - Great Value Uk Holidays Why Norfolk Broads Holidays Are The Destination Of Choice U.s. Eco Friendly Airline Travel Luxury Travel Guide For People In Dubai Hawaii Accommodation For The Discriminating Traveller
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.141.105) / Processed in 0.012140 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2694, 954,