Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Rotnest Island, Western Australia
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Rotnest Island, Western Australia

Reaching Fremantle by train from Perth, the station close to the dock where the boats depart to go to Rotnest.

It was fascinating to watch a group of Galahs busy searching for food close by. They can be very noisy I discovered but interesting to watch. My ticket was reduced in price as I carry a YHA card when traveling. If you remember to ask, you can make savings on many things.

The half hour boat trip was made under grey skies but the blue prevailed by the time it reached the Island. A small boat kept up with the ferry and rode in the ferry's wash giving them a smooth ride out, I thought it was a smart move! The swells were big and caused the boat to rock a little although not unpleasantly.Rotnest Island, Western Australia

Some of the visitors had booked bikes to ride around the island, which is only about 15 miles in circumference. It would have been a great day to do so, but as it was some 50 years since I rode a bike, discretion was the better part of valor.

There were buses that drove you around the island, I had an all day pass that proved to be a bonus and I used it a lot. There is 60 plus bays on the island to visit and enjoy. There is much to see and appreciate in the animals and birds as well as the shrubs and trees. Vehicles are not allowed on the island, apart from the island-approved ones on the resort.

The tours were lovely and with a beautiful day, you could only be impressed. There was surfing, swimming, snorkeling,diving, walking and biking. I think you would have to be fit as the day was very warm given it was in September and not yet summer.

After cruising around on the bus, I grabbed a bite to eat at the Subway that was one of the stores there. Followed by a coffee at the local caf. while sitting there enjoying the coffee a peacock wandered in to show off the beautiful colors they are known for.

Heading back to the beaches I came across some quokkas after whom the island is named. It was thought they were huge rats when the island was discovered. The Dutch sailors called it "rats nest" the translation becoming Rotnest. They are real cute miniature kangaroos; I had never seen or heard of them before now. I did waste a lot of time watching them hopping around, not scared of humans at all.

All too soon, it was time to catch the ferry again. It would have been nice to stay at the resort for a week or so. Talking to a man with children on one of the beaches, he was saying it was now becoming too expensive for families to stay much to his disappointment.

Maman is a sixty plus liberated woman despite having a husband and four children. She trained as a nurse and remains interested in health issues. Spent many years farming achieving farm management qualifications and a real insight into animal husbandry. The next career change included a Diploma in Real Estate and business management, covering buildings and their construction. Growing older then included some time in the hospitality industry and business.

http://onyourown.co.nz
Luxury Krabi Hotels For the Ultimate Krabi Holiday Experience Phi Phi Island Tour - For the Most Incredible Experience Decoration with Timber Floor Is a Sign of You Cultural Taste Travel Information on the Whitsundays Top Bangkok Attractions for Tourists Visit Agra on India Travel Tours Top Attractions of Rajasthan Tourism Five nights tour package by Golden triangle tour Essay: Hunting Methods of the Native Americans Kerala the Perfect Hideways for this summer Hypnotherapist London Agra Honeymoon Packages and Best Tourist Attractions Look for Best Treated Timbers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.221.17) / Processed in 0.013721 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3109, 954,