Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Rocky Adventure: Musings Of A Once-lonely Dog
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Rocky Adventure: Musings Of A Once-lonely Dog

I can see Rocky through the fence. Hes such a carefree dog, finding a moment to relax regardless of what else may be happening at that moment. Its difficult for me to imagine the pronounced difference between the past and present situations I am lucky enough to find myself in, mostly because Ive been too busy enjoying the company of my new companions.

My new companion has brought me the strange comfort of friendship I had almost forgotten. At first I had been scared, finding myself in a new place full of new sights and smells, and the change was not readily welcomed. Not to mention the fact that there was another creature here, a stranger that was neither pup nor person. And it definitely wasnt a cat. I had seen a cat once, the stripes and smell were unforgettable. My only regret had been that I couldnt give chase. My leash had held fast, confining me to my small home and forcing me to forfeit one of the greatest opportunities a dog can enjoy. There was no chase that day.

After a good and refreshing bath, the lady introduced me to the stranger, a creature with hands for paws and the eyes of a cat. Still unsure of each other, we both kept our distance. But over the past few weeks, weve become good friends. My occasional naps (of which I take far fewer these days) I find myself waking to Thieves furry paws picking through my fur for the occasional treat. It feels good though, so I just sit back and enjoy the newfound attention I get from both companion and friend.

Christy, the name given to my companion, has been a world changer. Before all this freedom, I had spent most of my time at the end of a leash, only able to smell the world and watch the occasional bird fly low enough to taunt me. My old owners, I never even knew their names, had even failed to give me one of my own. I still remember when I had thought they were there to change my life. I was so excited to see them, my nose pressed through the fences of the kennels where other dogs longed and waited for their own companions that would give them good homes. I thought I was going to find a new home where the days would be full of endless fun together with my companions. But, it didnt take much time before they forgot about me. Theyd occasionally come out to check on me, or maybe to throw me a bone, but they were never around for very long. My job, as it was firmly discussed, was that I was to watch and protect the house. I watched it, but there wouldnt be much I could do about protecting, being here at the short end of a leash. Nothing ever happened though, or at least nothing I noticed.Rocky Adventure: Musings Of A Once-lonely Dog

There wouldnt have been anything I could have done about Rocky invading my homestead. Of course, who would chase anybody out when they were providing you with the priceless comfort of company? And so I am happy that I didnt chase out such a valuable friend. Sitting here in the soft grass of my new yard, I found a chance to interact and talk with my new friends Rocky, Izzy, and even a few others (I couldnt name them unless I smelled them first) about all the great things in life. While we race back and forth along the fence, he tells me of his many adventures with his own companion, and inspires me to keep track of my own. While nothing as extraordinary has happened to me and my own companion, Rocky assures me that adventures are found in all sorts and sizes. And the fact is that finding myself in this grassy yard with a friends all around is like an adventure on its own.

With those fine words, Im sure that in these days to come, Rocky and I will have our own adventures to partake in. Well sit back here in our grassy yards, laughing about the fun weve had and all the great things we plan to do. Whether were with our companions or enjoying the bond of our fellow dog-kind, there are new adventures waiting around every cornerwaiting, just waiting for us to sniff them out.

by: Maria Elena
Im Going To Be A Doggie Grandma How Often Must Your Pet Visit A Vet Teaching Your Dog Correctly How To Help Dogs With Hip Pain Ideas To Train Your German Shepherd Dog Pet Insurance For Indoor Cats? Dog Tags: History & Modern Picture Dogs 101 Caring For A Dog In The City Keeping An Eye On Your Dogs Weight First Anniversary Trumpet At Bluecrome Pvt Ltd On 31st July Simple Tips To Find The Right Dog Walkers Invisible Pet Fence For Guarding Your Dogs Dordogne Holiday Destination In France
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.242.141) / Processed in 0.005186 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3957, 969,