Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Road Trip To Shimla | Chaturyatri-travel Stories On Budget Travel In India
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Road Trip To Shimla | Chaturyatri-travel Stories On Budget Travel In India

Biking across the mountains is probably one of those few adventures many of us would want to embark on at least once in our lifetimes

. Feel the adrenaline rush through our blood, feel the push, the instincts to survive through odds. Last year July gave me this opportunity of a lifetime where I can safely say I lived life in a matter of three days. On a road trip to Simla, with three of my friends, the two men decided to steer the bikes to the destination on slippery and wet grounds maneuvering our paths through the wilderness around. Pillion riding can be a tough job at times too, especially when the rains battering down your back and on your head, and you cannot see a thing in front of you.

The uphill climb making it worse, I would shut my eyes every once in a while when the cold was very close to being murderous. I did not even dare to think how Amit and Suchet, the bike riders, must have been braving all the water and chill. The other pillion rider Mohini, seemed to be in an identical condition as mine. She had left her eyes ajar only when the sky was not weepy, and the roads were less precipitous. The fear and the anticipation started to wear off as we closed in on Simla, but the roads did not stop getting anymore steep. Lodging at Suchets ancestral home on Mall Road, we dumped our loads off having traveled nonstop for ten hours through the toughest roads one could imagine, from Delhi.

During our journey we had feasted on Cuppa Maggi and dry nuts under make shift blue plastic tents by the road side as the wind and the rain became monstrous, and it became close to impossible for us to see a thing in it.

Drenched to the skin, soggy wet clothes weighing us down, we even had to beg one of the road side shop owners to let us take a bath and change to avoid coming down with fever in the middle of our journey. The disgruntled Punjabi man took mercy on us after a lot of persuading that we werent a band of highway rogues and we were there only to save our skins, literally. From Simla after having spent three cozy days, we decided to ride back, and this time take a stop at Chandigarh. The ride back was equally taxing as the rain never stopped pouring down. Finally on having reached Delhi on the morning of the fourth day, we heaved a sigh of relief and applauded ourselves on having survived through such adversities, if not the worst!

Contributed by Arshia Dhar

by: Shobhit Pratap Singh
How To Get Cheap Annual Travel Insurance Kerala Holidays, The Ethereal Rendezvous Travellers Have A Reason To Smile Now First Car Rental Travel Guide: Ezemvelo Kzn Wildlifes Top 5 Resorts Check The Group Travel Package For Perfect Arrangements Egypt Air Booking Is The Best Choice In Affordable Luxury Travel Some Helpful Tips Travel Cheap Flight Tickets Are The Best Solutions For Frequent Travellers Backpacking The World With Your Travel Essentials The Best Time To Travel To China How To Plan For Unexpected Mishaps When Traveling At Bahamas Resorts Planning Corfu Holidays In Advance For Best Vacations Make The Best Of Corfu Holidays With Various Interesting Activities
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.83.8) / Processed in 0.010940 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2475, 954,