Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Rip (really) Peter Steele, Founder Of Type O Negative
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Rip (really) Peter Steele, Founder Of Type O Negative

Rip (really) Peter Steele, Founder Of Type O Negative

Ive been reluctant to write about the death of Peter Steele

, founder of the hugely popular NYC goth band, Type O Negative, primarily because I wanted to make sure it wasnt another faked death.

As I write this, Im listening to Type O Negative. Ive got probably every song they ever recorded and published in my iTunes, and threw it on shuffle just to get a good mix of the new and the old. See, theyre one of my favorite bands of all time, and now that its official that Peter Steele is dead, Im going to play them and mourn him until Ive had my fill, which might not be for a good long while.

Peter Steele, born Petrus T. Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962, was a troubled man who dealt with serious bouts of depression by turning to drugs and alcohol. At his healthiest, however, he was the lead singer, bassist, and chief songwriter for the unique Type O Negative. His pain, sorrow, and misery came out in many of their original songs, including Bloody Kisses, Everything Dies, Christian Woman, and September Sun.

The New York City goth band also arranged some very memorable covers of some well know songs, including Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young, Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, and the most satanic and gothic version of Black Sabbath (by Black Sabbath) ever to hit the airwaves.

There were unconfirmed rumors at one point of Steele's death after the band website posted an image of a tombstone bearing his name and the dates 1962-2005. However, it was just a publicity stunt to commemorate the signing with SPV Records. This go around, however, his death has been confirmed by family members and appears to be quite genuine.

Rest in peace, Peter Steele. You brought a lot of great music into this world, and my life, and I will sorely miss your special talent and the awesome imprint you made on the world of rock and roll.

by: Lincoln Wilder
Watch Gonzaga Bulldogs vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons Online via PC STREAM Belgian Tervuren Dog Directors Guide To Handling A Winding Up Petition Detoxification - Treatment Explained Pet Insurance Best Christmas Toys For Dogs Mapeamento de Competências em uma nova agência bancária How much should I feed my pet, Doc? Cheap Dog Insurance Is Now A Reality Usa Made Pvc Dog Beds PAPO DE BOLEIRO: A comunicação eficiente como ferramenta competitiva Perpetual Traffic Formula Bonus - Killer Bonus Dog Cages Aren't Meant to be Prisons
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.216.36) New York / New York City Processed in 0.011526 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 1960, 969,
Rip (really) Peter Steele, Founder Of Type O Negative New York City