Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Replacing Lost Or Broken Teeth
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Replacing Lost Or Broken Teeth

Breakthroughs and advancements in cosmetic dentistry over the past fifteen years

have made it possible for people to improve their smile and receive greater functionality in their teeth. As a child I had one baby tooth that never came out-a canine near the front of my mouth that gave me an uneven smile and presented a little trouble when I was biting down on my food. Although I was never in any pain from retaining the small tooth, I was a little embarrassed by it. In my early twenties I decided to have my teeth straightened and had invisible braces placed on each of my crooked teeth. When it came to my baby canine the doctor simply removed it and attached a small chain to the adult tooth that had failed to grow in behind it, but was still developed inside my gums.

After attempting to pull the larger tooth down into position while my other teeth were being corrected by the braces, the doctor determined that it would be better if he removed the canine tooth that was impacting with my gums, but not moving as he had hoped it would. After two years the braces were removed and I was given a retainer with a prosthetic tooth added to it, to hide the hole where my actual tooth should have been. The idea was to insert a permanent replacement that looks and feels like a real tooth, but made of porcelain instead.

Using dental implants Manhattan dentists are able to replace missing teeth which like mine either never grew in correctly, or have been removed because of extensive decay. In cases where broken teeth need to be rebuilt, a dentist may choose to remove the entire remains of the broken or severely cracked tooth and use a porcelain implant to restore the functionality of the tooth and complete a healthy smile. In my case a small metal screw was first inserted into my upper jaw bone and given time to heal and solidify in place as the bone grew around the stem of the implant and held it firmly in position. Because the tooth and its root were removed I had no pain from the procedure. After the dentist was convinced that my implant was solid, he cemented a permanent porcelain replacement onto the metal post and my smile was restored. Having never had a full size tooth in that spot before it took a little for me to become accustomed to having a complete set of teeth, but like many other people, I am glad to have an improved smile. I have had my dental implant for a few years now, and I have to remind my dentist when I see him that I have one tooth that is not natural, but looks and feels just like a real tooth.

by: Art Gib
Save Money On Life Insurance Coverage With Accidental Death And Dismemberment Insurance Cosmetic Dentist Specialty: Smile Makeover Aesthetic Dentistry In Stuart Florida Getting To The Root Of Your Root Canal Fears With The Help Of Your Bolingbrook Dentist Phoenix Cosmetic Dentists- Treating Your Enamel Problems Teeth Whitening 101 Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist Los Angeles Veneer Dentist Cosmetic Dentistry Delhi A Painless Trip To The Dentist - Thanks To Sedation Dentistry Your Teeth Explained by a Cedar Park Dentist What to Expect from a Dentist in Lincolnshire Regarding Dental Implants Brighten Your Smile With The Help Of Austin Cosmetic Dentists.
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.105.108) / Processed in 0.012641 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 6 , 2594, 964,
Replacing Lost Or Broken Teeth