Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal Insurance » Reducing Distractions For Personal Growth
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Reducing Distractions For Personal Growth

One of the key elements in our quest to improve the quality of our lives

, is to reduce the number of unnecessary distractions which are causing our growth to either stagnate, or to move backwards. To fully understand what we need to focus on, we will need to ask ourselves a few simple questions.

1. What's distracting me?

This is the first question that needs to be asked. Look into a mirror, sit in a quiet room alone and meditate, or whatever it is you do, and ask yourself this question.

In a journal, write down everything that comes to mind. It doesn't matter if it doesn't seem to make sense at the time, no matter what it is, write it down.Reducing Distractions For Personal Growth

Here's a list of things that I wrote down when I did this exercise:

* Video Games

* Television

* Radio

* Friends

* Marijuana

* Junk Food

* Parties

* Alcohol

* Materialism

* Drama

* Magazines

* Holidays

* Internet

* Guilt

* Shyness

* Judgmental

* Anger

* Focusing on the future

* News stories

* Fear

Everything on this list were aspects of my life which at some point were heavy weights on my shoulders. Some were easy to give up, some were quite difficult, some I gave up, then relapsed and had to start all over again, and some I'm still working on today.

But as I started to weed out these habits and addictions one by one. I began to feel an increase in energy within me. It was almost overwhelming at first, I didn't know where it was coming from or how to handle it. I then realized, all of this extra energy was coming in because I wasn't giving it away to something else anymore. I wasn't focusing, and therefore channeling my energy to something outside of me, which inevitably started to build up inside without an outlet.

I needed to do something to channel this extra energy somewhere so I wouldn't explode. I began exercising more, which helped a lot. But what helped me the most, was channeling it to my creative outlets such as guitar, writing, fixing things in the house, planting a garden, cooking, and being a better man.

I was able to be more creative than ever before. Writing music went from a struggle, too something easy, fun, and inspiring. Creating a website, blogging, and making videos was something I never considered doing before. Planting a garden was always something I was too lazy to do, but I finally did and it was very rewarding and relaxing.

2. Which ones are light distractions, and which ones are heavy distractions?

The next question to ask ourselves is, which ones are distracting me from growing the most? For me, this was video games, TV, marijuana, alcohol, junk food, radio, shyness, news stories, and anger.

The rest were light distractions. But of course, when you add them all together they become heavy. Put your list in a place where you can see it everyday, to remind yourself of what you're working on to improve your life. Begin to start fading out the ones which are influencing you to do some of the other ones.

For example, TV was a huge distraction in of itself. But it also influenced me to eat junk food, focus on news stories, drama, bad music, be fearful of possible future events, and to imitate people on TV shows instead of being myself. When I gave up TV entirely, by default I was able to cross out many other things on my list because I wasn't being programmed to do them anymore. They're called "TV programs" for a reason.

3. How can I channel my energy to more creative outlets?

After you've given up some of the habits and addictions which are distracting you. You'll need to start focusing on something else, so you don't relapse because of boredom. That's why most people relapse when they give up an addiction, they don't find something else to fill in that gap. Or get rid of what's influencing them to do it in the first place.

Below your list, write down everything in your life which you are already good at, but would like to be better. Then write everything which you've never done before, but is something you'd like to do.

Start working on them everyday, while always still focusing on eliminating other undesirable habits on your list. As you start to get rid of some, you'll naturally find others which you weren't aware of before. Add them to your list. That's how it works, sometimes you can't see what to do next, until you've successfully healed from the previous one. And the process keeps going, giving up distractions, adding creative outlets, giving up distractions, adding creative outlets etc...

Conclusion

This is a difficult challenge, self improvement and giving up addictions is without a doubt a tough road. You'll heal from addictions, relapse, then heal again, then relapse again. But it's all part of the process. Never think you've failed because you've relapsed. Just try again. Failure is our best teacher and only makes us stronger. Eventually, it becomes easier and easier, you'll feel so liberated from the new you, that going back to old habits won't even be something you'll consider doing anymore.

You'll start to have so much fun being creative, it wont even be something challenging anymore. You'll be inspired by something and the information just flows out like a dam that just burst open.

Reducing distractions frees up your thinking process. It allows you to focus more on YOU, and not everything outside of you. Each distraction that you eliminate, breaks open a "dam" inside your head that is blocking the information you receive from your spirit. Your spirit is always communicating with you, to guide you, to give you knowledge, but the distractions are making you unaware of it.Reducing Distractions For Personal Growth

Also, when you overcome serious addictions, the more credible you are to help others who are also going through the same situations. You'll know exactly what they're going through and will be able to give them advice on how YOU did it.

When you start healing yourself and overcoming your addictions, you'll naturally start to attract things in life which will help aid you on your journey. People and friends, a mate, a pet, a new hobby, anything! Have fun with it!

What's distracting you from improving YOUR life?

by: Sean Burrows
Takeaway Insurance – Pizza Owner Gets Banned Cricut Machines Can Make Personalised Creative Crafts Easy Rhinoplasty: Helping You Over Impossible Odds Of Personal Change Maryland Personal Injury Lawyer Is Your Ally High Rates for Personal Injury Claims St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer For The Injured Victims Three Things to Consider When Filing a Personal Injury Claims Be Strong at Blaming when you are looking for Personal Injury Claims Personal injury settlements are unavoidable Find an Efficient Attorney to Fight for your Personal Injury Claims Are You Looking For A Personal Trainer Maidenhead Or Personal Trainer In Berkshire? Personal First Aid Kit Checklist Toronto Personal Injury Lawyers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.178.133) / Processed in 0.015321 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 88 , 6675, 967,