Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Recall your childhood memories in eureka state park-I
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Recall your childhood memories in eureka state park-I

Route 66 state Park is in the US state of Missouri, located on the former site on the town of times beach. It is a 419 acre park located less then 1.6 km east of eureka. The Park showcases the history and mystique of a highway that has been called The Main Street of America. Located along the historic Route 66 corridor outside of Eureka, this park is a boon to park visitors who want to enjoy nature and take in some interesting displays showcasing Route 66 across Missouri.

The park was designed as a federal highway in 1926 and occupies a special place in American popular culture and history. Spanning some of the most remote country in the United States, from Los Angeles to Chicago, Route 66's fame is primarily due to its role in social changes taking place during the first half of the 20th century. The highway has come to represent American mobility, independence and spirit of adventure. It became one of the greatest migration routes in our country's history and has been labeled by author John Steinbeck as the Mother Road.

To drive Route 66 during its heyday was to experience both large cities and small towns in rural America. Gas stations were not that plentiful and speed limits very low. Many people have fond memories of childhood vacations along this park. A portion of the original Route 66, including a historic bridge across the Meramec River, runs through Route 66 State Park. The bridge is no longer open to vehicle or pedestrian traffic.Recall your childhood memories in eureka state park-I

A roadhouse along the park, built in 1935, serves as the park's visitor center. This roadhouse comes alive with the memories of many travelers who visited it during the Route 66 era and ate at the restaurant, which was known for its marvelous food. Depending on the year of visit, the roadhouse had four different owners. It opened as the Bridgehead Inn in 1935, Steiny's Inn in 1946; Bridgehead Inn in 1972, and the Galley West in 1980.

This State Park strives to keep some of the memories alive through its displays and memorabilia. The visitor center has a historical display area complete with Route 66 memorabilia. Wandering among the display items, visitors will see the rich architecture of the buildings and towns that graced the roadways of Missouri from the 1930s to the 1960s, and souvenirs that long ago travelers bought on their journey across Missouri on Route 66. A gift shop, specializing in hundreds of Route 66 items, is open seven days a week from March through November in the visitor center.
Taking Care of Your Feet is Not Child's Play Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids: Vibrant Designer Indian Clothing Types of Custody - Options When You Get the Kid Custody The Most Beneficial Polo Ralph Lauren for Kids Child Custody and Kid Visitation Disputes: The Best and Worst Case Contact lenses – Complete Guide for Teens on How to Convince Parents to Get That Coveted Pair STIMULATING CHILDREN IMMUNITY Etnies Super Collection For KidsEtnies Super Collection For Kids Area Rugs Suitable For Kids Area Rugs For Kid Rooms Pick The Right Toddler Booster Seat For Your Child Potty Training Toddlers-Help Your Kid Behave Well In The Toilet What If You Could Teach And Develop Self - Control In Your Autistic Child?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.178.157) / Processed in 0.013177 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2614, 956,