Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Re: Dating advice for girls and boys for people who like a boy and likes a girl
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Re: Dating advice for girls and boys for people who like a boy and likes a girl

I was a writer, and aren't writers supposed to lead the solitary life? I stopped dating.

My best friend had introduced me to CompuServe, the online service, and I found myself spending a lot of time online, sending and reading e-mail, and doing research for various writing projects. When CompuServe lowered its prices, I ventured into forums-areas devoted to a particular subject, like sports, books, and so on.

"Care to make a friendly wager?" he typed, "$500?"Re: Dating advice for girls and boys for people who like a boy and likes a girl

"You're crazy." I typed back. "I don't even know you."

"$50?"

"No way."

"Okay, $5?"

"Okay, I said finally, "you're on. $5 says the Red Sox."

I didn't think much of it. Mike kept showing up in the room and we started talking more and more. There was an easy warmth between us almost instantly. It's hard to describe.

Soon I was logging on at 8pm and staying on until 4 in the morning talking to him. He'd pop on my screen with a "Hi Sugar! " We talked about everything and it wasn't long before our chats went from the computer screen to the phone line. I gave him my phone number and the next day the phone rang. Mike had a deep husky voice, and a shyness that won me over immediately. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was falling in love. I think the fact we met online was to our advantage. We were able to get to know one another without the looks factor getting in the way. In fact I didn't know what he looked like until the day I finally met him. That didn't happen until October 22, after two months of chats, phone calls and e-mails. At my invitation, he took the train from New York City to Boston.

I'll never forget it. It was a rainy Saturday afternoon, and South Station was packed. I paced nervously in South Station, wondering if he'd show and if I'd made the right decision in asking him to Boston. Armed with only his description of himself- crew cut, brown hair, glasses, black jeans, black leather jacket, cowboy boots-I searched for him- and then suddenly he was there. He was holding a dozen of the most beautiful yellow roses I'd ever seen and was smiling nervously, and the minute he took me in his arms and hugged me I knew it was right. He was every bit as kind, sensitive and funny as the man I'd been chatting with all these months, and he was every bit as sexy and handsome as the voice on the phone. That night at dinner he was nervous-knocking silverware off the table and his glasses off his face. I loved it. It was refreshing. By the time Monday rolled around neither one of us wanted him to go. As he turned toward the train, I handed him a $5 bill.

"You won, remember?" I said.

He just smiled and then kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I replied without hesitation.

It was magical. We just knew we were meant to be. It was a long road at times, as we spent our first 7 years together in a long distance relationship, but it was worth it. This past October we celebrated 15 years together, and this June will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. Funny how things work out when you least expect them to. Mike calls me the best present he ever got-August 10, the day we met in that chat room and made that bet, was also his 28th birthday. Oh, and yeah, I'm a Yankees fan now. Blame Mike!
Save Your Obese Teenager Teenagers and Their Negative Relationships Panic Attacks In Children Really Do Occur! ADHD Diet For Children - Keep Their Focus With This Natural Alternatives Putting A Stop To Excessive Shyness In Kids How to Develop Your Child's Good Study Habits Easy Magic Techniques for Kids Dating Advice for Teenage Girls: Dating & Marriage Advice – Best For Future Planning! Classroom technology - one giant leap for child-kind Anxiety Free Child-Anxiety Free Children Review Easy Snowman Christmas Crafts for Kids Child Slumbering Details Child Support and Taxes: information you need to know
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.111.125) / Processed in 0.009207 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3516, 956,