Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » RETIREMENT IN COSTA RICA
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

RETIREMENT IN COSTA RICA

RETIREMENT IN COSTA RICA

A friend of mine retired to Costa Rica from northern California at the age of 40. He lives in his debt-free small hotel, which is run by his hotel manager. He enjoys a healthy life eating his fill of fresh fruit and seafood. By moving to the Southern Caribbean part of Costa Rica, which is one of the world's best retirement destinations, he was able to afford early retirement.

Four years ago, he sold his Northern California home at a small profit. He took the money he made on the sale of his home and bought a piece of land in Costa Rica. He built a small hotel consisting of main house, where he resides, a lobby and five cabanas rentals.

Early retirement is treating him quite well. Every morning he enjoys finely roasted Costa Rican coffee, a fresh papaya or mango, and then he checks his e-mail, reads the local news and news from home followed by a walk the beach, which is about 200 yards from his place.

The local tienda (grocery store) is with in walking distance. Stocking up on fresh fruit, freshly caught tuna, barracuda and crab for about $1 per pound is part of his regular routine.

After the hour long walk or jog along secluded white sand beach and a swim in 85 degree crystal clear ocean water it's time to start thinking about lunch. But only after a quick dip in the pool. For lunch he might go to a favorite restaurant that has the freshest and most delicious local food, and a beverage for $6. Some days he'll drive 30 minutes to border town with Panama where he can buy duty free products and more-than-he-can-eat best free range rotisserie chicken for $5. All washed down with a $1 beer, of course.

Then it's back home for a siesta. But first he has to pay his maid $10 for a full day's work. After another late-afternoon swim, my friend will usually sit down with hotel guests and listen to their rat race stories. Or grab a book and hit the hammock. After another stroll on the beach, he's ready for dinner. Since he had a big lunch, he'll most often head for one of the town's food establishments that offers free live music. In Puerto Viejo, you can find free entertainment somewhere in town every night of the week. He might pay a couple of bucks for huge slice of local gourmet pizzas maybe another buck for a fresh watermelon, pineapple, or orange juice.

Some nights he'll opt for a nightcap at one of the many local bars along the beach. Finally, he'll head for home and a good night's sleep so he can do it all over again the next day.

If this sounds like a good life, I can assure you it is.

"If I were still in the States I'd still be working and watching my 401K going down. Hoping that when I turn 67 I can retire and be able to take my dog to the local city park for walk and share my worries about economy, government bailout plans and my health coverage with others"- he says. Instead, he's happy, stress-free, and retired at 45...in the world's best retirement destination.

If this sounds like a good life than consider moving and retiring to Costa Rica as well. The Caribbean side of Costa Rica is one of the few affordable tropical retirement destinations still available. Take a look at Los Cielos Estates and make retiring to Costa Rica a reality for you.
Indian Wedding Entertainment Understanding How The Family Trust Works A Review Of Insured Annuities in Canada Is Parenting A 24/7 Job? How To Buy Online T- Shirts In India Important Tips For Making Money Online FFXIV Domination Review - Final Fantasy 14 Leveling Guide Pick Pink to Support Breast Cancer Awareness Contemporary Haircuts Styles For Women Watch Out While Shopping For Online Sporting Goods Shed Plans And Designs Free Review Buying Color Televisions: Few Points To Take Up On Lcd, Led Or Plasma Tv Reviews To Judge The Best IV tubing contributes to preemie liver problems
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.80.45) / Processed in 0.013493 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3404, 975,
RETIREMENT IN COSTA RICA