Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Questions you HAVE to ask - Fishing Travel Tips
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Questions you HAVE to ask - Fishing Travel Tips

When people call or email me to inquire about fishing trips, they have questions. Usually price is a big concern, but my clientele is usually educated enough to understand the difference between price and value. They typical "what to bring", "when to go", and "how many can we keep" questions are also common. Once they are done asking, I start. And my list of questions is long. I'll save those for another blog post. Here are some questions you should ask your travel agent, lodge owner, or anyone who is helping you find your next fishing adventure:

How many other anglers will be there on the dates you recommend? - This question is loaded. Do you want the buzz of a couple of dozen hard core anglers around the evening meal? Or do you prefer the quiet of having the lodge to yourself? You want to know if you will be packed like sardines in a large lodge. You also want to know that the dates have been reserved by other anglers. It presumes you have already asked about the seasons, prime fishing, and other details about the species you are targeting. The answer to this question must be taken with a grain of salt. Our recent economic situation has made some of the prime weeks less busy in some of our Alaska lodges. So don't be too surprised if a lodge that has a capacity of 24 has room for your group in a prime week.

How much cash should I bring - and can I use a credit card? - Again, a loaded question with multiple facets in the answer. Cash is often required for tipping your captain, crew, and lodge staff. City tax, bed tax, state tax, licenses are often paid for with cash, but can also sometimes be paid for with a credit card. The answer should include EVERYTHING that is not included in the listed package price tag. If it doesn't, then follow up with that question!Questions you HAVE to ask - Fishing Travel Tips

Do I need to bring my own fishing tackle? - We have seen more and more lodges start to provide excellent loaner tackle and gear for our clientele. In Alaska especially, the flyrods, reels, and waders with boots are often included in the package price - and the salmon and halibut gear is ALWAYS included. However, if you have special size requirements, make sure you ask about that. And keep in mind that loaner tackle is used all year long by clients traveling to the lodge, so the condition by season's end may be quite different than it was at the beginning of the year. For freshwater trips (prime time is always later in the year for Northern adventures) I always recommend that clients bring their own waders if they have them and at least one travel rod/reel combo to make sure they are comfortable with their gear. It's a long way to go to have tackle that is not perfect for you!

Remember that an objective source for fishing travel information is always available with Rod and Reel Adventures. All destinations have a vested interest in getting people to choose them. I am not encumbered by this. By using a company like mine, you get options - and the education to sort through them. And there are no fees! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Find us on Facebook
Executive Travel In London NYC Tourism And What You Need To Know Washington Arrest Records on the Net Tenerife Golf Holidays – why choose Tenerife Iconic Attractions to Visit on Srilanka Tour Crantock Beach - The Jewel in Cornwall's Crown Private Rome Tours For Chinese Tourists Visiting Rome in 2011 | Italian Chinese Speaking Rome Tour Guides Grand Rajasthan Tour: Visit Wonderful Destinations The ultimate hands-on elephant conservation holiday Try Spain for that special place to book your holiday villas Obtain Comfort with your European Travel Cheltenham Festival 2011 Preview: Day Four Villa Rental in Cannes on the French Riviera
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.165.24) New York / New York City Processed in 0.013470 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3213, 954,
Questions you HAVE to ask - Fishing Travel Tips New York City