Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Questions And Answers About Sedation Dentistry: Dental Anxiety Relief
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Questions And Answers About Sedation Dentistry: Dental Anxiety Relief

Going to the dentist is something that can be very scary

, especially if you are among the thousands of people who suffer from dental anxiety. Sedation dentistry is a treatment offered by many dental professionals to help their patients who suffer from this anxiety disorder. Below are answers to the most common questions about sedation dentistry.

What will my dentist use as a sedation technique?

It used to be that most sedatives used by dental professionals were administered with an IV. Now there are many more options, most of them medications that you can take either just before you go to the dentist or while you are at the office. Some of the common medications dental professionals used for sedation dentistry are tranquillizers, depressants, anti-anxiety medications, and nitrous oxide.

Will I be completely knocked out if I choose the option of sedation dentistry?

Most likely you will be awake, but in a sedated state. That means that you will be aware of what is going on around you, but you may feel like you are dreaming, or like you are distant from it. The time will seem to go by much faster than normal, and what is really a couple of hours may seem like a few minutes.

Will I still need to receive anesthesia?

If you are having a procedure that usually requires anesthesia, then you will still need it. The sedation may help with your awareness, but your pain receptors will still be active so anesthesia is something you should still receive.

What types of dental work and procedures is sedation dentistry an option for?

Some people have so much dental anxiety that they need sedation for the simplest dental work, even check-ups and cleanings. Other people may only need to be sedated for more invasive procedures, such as extractions or deep fillings. Each dentist and patient should work together to come up with a plan that both agree to be best for the patient and the situation.

What are some of the benefits I can receive by using sedation dentistry?

If you are scared of the dentist, the dental work you need to have done, or suffer from dental anxiety, you may benefit by feeling more relaxed and calm during your dental visits when you use some form of sedation. The time will seem to go by faster, and you may end up needing fewer appointments to accomplish the same amount of work you need done because you are more relaxed. You will also have more courage to go to the dentist when you know you can receive medication to help you get over the dental anxiety.

by: Penelope Stone
Sedation Dentistry-Make Sure You Have all the Facts General Dentistry Is The Process Of Diagnosing Problems Mouth And Tooth Injury Natural Treatment And How To Get Rid Of Mouth And Tooth Injury Naturally Accidental damage iphone insurance Accidental damage iphone insurance cover Accidental damage iphone insurance for you Accidental damage iphone insurance plan Accidental damage iphone insurance services Accidental damage iphone insurance tips Affordable accidental damage iphone insurance Dentistry In Tiny Rock How To Care For Teeth Holistic Dentist In Seattle
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.149.168) / Processed in 0.012460 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2624, 964,
Questions And Answers About Sedation Dentistry: Dental Anxiety Relief