Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Porsche Gears up for 2011 with Hybrid Cayenne S
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Porsche Gears up for 2011 with Hybrid Cayenne S

When you think about hybrid cars your mind inevitably heads directly for the much loved and recently vilified Toyota Prius

. The Prius has a loyal following of fans who like the vehicle's Eco-friendly image. We can all envision the guy with black plastic frame glasses, Mac in hand, sipping a Starbucks latte as he hops into his Prius. Now picture that same guy hopping into a Porsche. Porsche is looking to take a piece of the "green" auto market by introducing a Hybrid version of their Cayenne SUV. The Cayenne is a Porsche, so we can assume it is well manufactured and reliable. Toyota has always been considered an incredibly reliable auto but has recently met with some trouble in the wake of the claims of sticking accelerators and corporate whitewashing. Could Porsche steal some of Toyota's hold on the hybrid market by seizing upon a time of apparent weakness for the current leader?

I recently had the opportunity to speak with a car dealer who mentioned that he has a very difficult time moving Honda hybrids due expressly to the popularity of the Prius. I think where Porsche may have trouble is in appealing to the demographic who might typically buy a hybrid car. While increasingly greater numbers of people are adopting a more Eco-friendly lifestyle, the base market still may not be broad enough to make the Cayenne a success. There seems to be something inherently contradictory about the image of the driver most people associate with a Prius and the famed sports car company Porsche. While Porsche undoubtedly makes a mechanically impeccable auto, I think that many people who are looking to buy a hybrid will balk at the idea of driving around in what might be considered the ultimate "yuppie" car. The Porsche is a status symbol, but not the right kind in this case.

The Cayenne will feature a V6 gas engine that happens to be linked to an electric motor through a mechanical clutch. This electric motor powers eventually sends power to the wheels through the transfer case. While the reviews I have come across seem to indicate a less than stellar driving experience, I must admit I would be interested to get behind the wheel and give it a go myself. I think others will indeed share my desire to drive the Cayenne, but will it be enough to take a share of the market?

By: Ryan Moses
Illinois Auto Insurance - Collision vs. Comprehensive Insurance Plans Illinois Auto Insurance - How to Lower Car Insurance Premiums Illinois Car Insurance - Best Insurance Rates for Newly Licensed Teen Drivers Illinois Car Insurance Quote - How to Compare Insurance Quotes Online Illinois Car Insurance Quote - How to Compare Competing Quotes Illinois Auto Insurance - How to choose the best coverage Affordable Auto Insurance For Young Drivers - The Quick Way To Save money Um pouco mais de desejo, de autoria, de pensamento: uma saída de emergência? Auto Or Car Insurance At Www.needinsuranceamerica.com Where To Find Financing For Auto Loans With Bad Credit History Things You Need To Know While Looking For Used Trucks Online Needinsuranceamerica.com A Solution To All Your Car Insurance Queries Five Paths To Cheaper Car Insurance Rates
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.79.45) / Processed in 0.012557 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2412, 952,