Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » Panic Disorders,anxiety And Treatments
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Panic Disorders,anxiety And Treatments

Beyond the panic attacks themselves, a key symptom of panic disorder is the persistent fear of having future panic attacks

. The fear of these attacks can cause the person to avoid places and situations where an attack has occurred or where they believe an attack may occur.

What Causes Panic Attacks?

Although the exact cause of panic disorder is not fully understood, studies have shown that a combination of factors, including biological and environmental, may be involved. These factors include the followings:

Family history. Panic disorder has been shown to run in families. It may be passed on to some people by one or both parents much like hair or eye color can.

Abnormalities in the brain. Panic disorder may be caused by problems in parts of the brain.

Substance abuse. Abuse of drugs and alcohol can contribute to panic disorder.

Major life stress. Stressful events and major life transitions, such as the death of a loved one, can trigger a panic disorder

Understanding panic attacks

In many cases, panic attacks strike out of the blue, without any warning. Often, there is no clear reason for the attack. They may even occur when you are relaxed or asleep.

A panic attack may be a one-time occurrence, but many people experience repeat episodes. Recurrent panic attacks are often triggered by a specific situation, such as crossing a bridge or speaking in public - especially if that situation has caused a panic attack before. Usually, the panic-inducing situation is one in which you feel endangered and unable to escape.

You may experience one or more panic attacks, yet be otherwise perfectly happy and healthy. Or your panic attacks may occur as part of another disorder, such as panic disorder, social phobia, or depression. Regardless of the cause, panic attacks are treatable. There are many effective treatments and coping strategies you can use to deal with the symptoms.

How Common Is Panic Disorder?

Panic disorder affects about 2.4 million adult American. Panic disorder most often begins during late adolescence and early adulthood. It is twice as common in women as in men.

How Is Panic Disorder Diagnosed?

If symptoms of panic disorder are present, the doctor will begin an evaluation by performing a complete medical history and physical exam. Although there are no laboratory tests to specifically diagnose panic disorder, the doctor may use various tests to look for physical illness as the cause of the symptoms.

If no physical illness is found, you may be referred to a psychiatrist or psychologist, mental health professionals who are specially trained to diagnose and treat mental illnesses. Psychiatrists and psychologists use specially designed interview and assessment tools to evaluate a person for panic disorder.

Jemma Kidd says, "Panic disorders ruled my life for years. I would really like to raise more awareness of them; I think something like one in five people have them. They just shatter your life. My twenties were really tough because of them - I was very, very fearful and scared of doing everything. I could not go to the supermarket, I could not go to crowds - I was very isolated and just stayed at home for a long time. It is a fear of having them, you know when you have them it is horrible, but then you live in fear of having one and that is crippling....''

Create a solid foundation for the future, on which anxiety and panic disoders simply cannot exist,

Create a sense of clarity, strength and happiness that will transfer across every aspect of your life,

STOP the obsessive checking of symptoms and sensations that all anxiety sufferers do constantly,

Start your day without even considering how you feel or how your anxiety will effect you TODAY,

Replace all the lost time you have sacrificed to your anxiety and panic attacks - make a fresh start,

Finally rekindle all of the exciting prospects and challenges you used to dream of - free from anxiety,

Rekindle your social and family life and become someone who is a pleasure to spend time with,

Create physical balance and fitness,

Turn back the clock to before you had anxiety and panic attacks,

Get the second chance that you deserve,

Start afresh, free from panic attacks and anxiety,

Consider life stresses as challenges or never consider them at all,

Live offensively - take on challenges and adventures without considering how you feel.

by: Geoffrey Awunyo
Bathing Too Frequently May Cause Skin Cancer Precisely What To Look For In A Oahu Rehab And Substance Treatment Center Causes And Treatment Options For Neck Pain Marijuana Treatment Do You Have Asbestos In Your Building? Manage It Safely With Green Coatings! Find Skin Cancer Support At Skin Cancer Resource Everything You Must Know About Botox Treatment Massage Therapy As Arthritis Treatment Hiding Damp Treatment Acetyl Cysteine A Powerful Treatment For Paracetamol Over Dose ! Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - An Effective Treatment At Last Types Of Teeth Whitening Treatment The successful treatment of Autism with cord blood stem cells
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.237.255) / Processed in 0.012829 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 60 , 4671, 301,
Panic Disorders,anxiety And Treatments