Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Online Mixing: Why you need it and what to consider
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Online Mixing: Why you need it and what to consider

With the low prices of recording equipment and software, it is no surprise that the number of musicians trying to make it big on a DIY budget is on the rise. Seasoned industry veterans will testify that not only does an artist need to possess the talent and determination tosucceedin the music business but their success depends on the team of dedicated industry professionals surrounding the artist. As more and more layoffs take place with major labels, these professionals become more accessible to the little man.

Though one can find freelancers for just about anything these days, my focus is on finding freelance mix engineers. I found a very wide range of mixers offering services to clients including Grammy winning engineers, full-service recording studios, to home based engineers with budget project studios. With the wide range in choice comes the ability for nearly any artist on any budget to contract their song, EP, or album to a dedicated mix engineer.

There are many benefits of outsourcing this difficult task and simply getting out of the do-it-yourself mindset. A true mix engineer probably has much better equipment, an acoustically treated room, accurate studio reference monitors, and can complete tasks in a much more efficient manner. However, the most important contribution of a mix engineer is the two ears on his head. It takes years and experience to master the art of mixing, and a good engineer can make all the difference in the world with his creativity and problem solving abilities when it comes to audio.

The new practice in the industry is to complete the recording process at a studio and send the session files to a mix engineer via the internet. The engineer opens the session in his own studio, works his magic, and is in constant communication with the producer or band. The band requests changes, the mixer makes the revisions and then either sends the files directly to mastering engineer or back to the band before pressing. The process is fast,convenient for all parties, and can end up saving the artist money. The most tedious aspect of the process is the uploading and downloading of large session files, but this is getting to be less and less of an issue.

A simple internet search of "Online Mix Engineers" or something of that matter returns a number of emixing services. The number issurprisinglyshort when one considers the sheer amount of studios available, it shows that many have not yet tapped into the online market.

Each engineer's website will often detail the process of sending the files and how to prepare your session. Gear is another aspect that all engineer's enjoy boasting about. You can find samples of previous work, before and after samples, and order online through PayPal or another gateway.

The prices range from around $50 all the way up to $400 per song, with some studios offering discounts when an EP or LP is purchased. Many of the studios quoted a low price, but when you want "extras" such as vocal tuning, sample replacement, timing correct etc, they charged for it. Some even limit the track count and charge on a per track basis.

For my project I choose to use Virtual Mix Engineer for a number of reasons, largely because of the "All Inclusive Mix Package" which includes unlimited track count, vocal tuning, drum replacement, timing correction and even includes mastering and special version mixes all for one basic charge. The basic charge I speak of was also one of the most reasonably priced mix packages I came across during my search at a mere $72. The website and engineer were extremely helpful throughout the process, and all of my requests were made. IreceivedmyfinishedEP in nine days and could not be more satisfied with the professionalism, creativity, and "platinum" sound the new mixes had.

I have no doubt that I could have been just as satisfied with the end result with any of the online mixing services. In my experience, each mix engineer adds his own unique touch and sound to the project, and no two mixes will ever be alike. Important things to consider before embarking on your virtual mixing journey experience, price, extras, and your budget.

I wish all musicians a happy search for the mix engineer of their choice and the best of luck with the finished mix!
Ideas to Sell Your Animal Jewelry Online Can A Blog Make Money Online? Adsense Revenue Exposed Review - Boost Adsense Revenue Help Find Missing People Online-Missing People Search Make Money Online – Does This Sound Like You? Bidz - An Online Jewelry Auction Store Watch Now Lakers Vs Hornets Live Streaming Online Basketball 2010 Where To Find Online Shoe Clearance Sale How to find missing people-Search missing people online Clothing Store Online: Choose Among A Wide Range Of Styles And Designs Using Free Online Resources to locate lost person by name Sell Beats Online Without Fail Methods to evaluate an online contacts shop
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.43.163) Baden-Wurttemberg / Pforzheim Processed in 0.012857 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 4434, 973,
Online Mixing: Why you need it and what to consider Pforzheim