Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » On the Job as a Teen Life Coach
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

On the Job as a Teen Life Coach

During the time my own teens were 13 and 17 years old

, I began to think more like a teen life coach. I was constantly using my own life events as a training program for therapy and live coaching. My kids in their teens were acting the way that teenagers do- staying clear of their parents at all costs. It was getting more and more difficult to create family time and when we were able to, it was often very nerve-wracking. Life was passing by too quickly and I was afraid that I was losing my kids. I ached for laughter and teasing. I mulled over why the teen years had to be so difficult. What could I do to make us whole again? After all, I was the resident teen life coach! I should be able to scrape up something! Ultimately, I made a decision. The following is an account of what happened:

We received two kittens, a white one and a black one, into our home.

From that time, we haven't even turned on the television.

We are all concentrating on the kittens and they have become our entertainment.On the Job as a Teen Life Coach

The kittens do acrobatics as well as fantastic stunts and hurdles for hours before they sleep for just as long. We find that we just watch them, talking about how cute they sleep with their legs wrapped around each other and their bodies intertwined. My husband loves to use the word "anthropomorphic". We adore giving human emotions and intents to our new babies. "Watch! They're kissing!"

The black and white kittens have dwelt with us for about a month now. We haven't been able to give them irreplaceable names yet. As of now, they are known as the "white one and the black one". My daughter likes names that work jointly like, "Yin and Yang" or "Abbot and Costello". My son prefers exciting names like "Black and Cody". My husband likes different and refined names such as "Igby and Jazz". I myself am content with the obvious- "B. C. and W. C.

We have slackened our pace. Life is providing a joy and laughter that had been lost in a heap of daily tasks, responsibilities and my yearning for connectedness. My teens are spending time with us. Today, kittens get tangled up in the doing the laundry, in making the bed and oddly enough, in cleaning the bathrooms. We see these babies as a gift that feed our growing hearts and draws us together again as a family unit. My job as the teen life coach has made the way for more inventive and constructive ideas while working with teens and their families.

I don't know if we'll ever resolve the issue of naming our kittens but it doesn't matter. What I do know is that my teen life coach involvement has established this household of parents and teens with an unspoken understanding that we love spending time together. It all comes with special extras- most times there additional benefits from making changes. When I say, "It's time to do the laundry", both kittens and teens are likely to show up for the job.

By: cameron powell
Postgraduate Studies: An Opportunity to Achieve Children Dreams Kids Halloween Party Ideas GPS-THE SENTINE OF YOUR CHILD How To Break The News Of Divorce To Your Kids Avatar Costumes for kids Ways Kids Make Money - Six Ways For Kids To Make Money Ways Kids Make Money Fast - The Daunting Question of How to Make Money For Kids Alice in Wonderland Kids Costume Timeless Wisdom on Raising Children Shrek Costumes For Kids Kids Robin Hood Costume Parents how to buy ugg for children Iron Man 2 Costumes for Kids
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.55.14) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.011968 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3051, 956,
On the Job as a Teen Life Coach Copenhagen