Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Ode To Summer
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Ode To Summer

Ode To Summer

Only One Week Left, But We Cling To It

by Michael D. Hume, M.S.

Technically, we only have one week of summer left in North America (though it'll seem like summer for at least a couple more months at our winter home in Palm Springs). However, September always seems to remind us that summer can linger... and that it's important to enjoy every minute of it while it lasts.

Every evening, I make it a point to enjoy the sunset. Across the road here in the southern Colorado countryside, around sunset time, I hear the familiar creak of the swingset in my neighbor's yard, and I know the young girl over there is out enjoying the sultry summer evening. School may be back in session, but for her, it's still summer... at least until the cold weather moves in and makes after-school swinging unpleasant.Ode To Summer

I love that sound. I love to hear that swingset creaking - it reminds me that the evening is mild and pleasant, that kids still enjoy their swingsets, and although the calendar reminds us all that fall is fast approaching the summer is not finished yet. It holds on. Just as my young neighbor girl does, summer holds on a bit longer and refuses to yield to colder weather.

It's a metaphor, really. Summer reminds me of youth... and when September rolls around, and summer hangs on in defiance of the fall, I remember that we are all doing the same: hanging on, defying the fall, defying the winter of our lives.

I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to give in just yet. I'm not ready for the fall. Not this year, and not in my life. I have too much to do: too many adventures to pursue, too many fun things to do, too many lessons to learn.

It can't be fall yet.

So for now, like the neighbor girl, let me just enjoy the last bit of summer. Let me swing! Let my feet lift high into the air, a crimson sunset behind them, each time the swing takes me forward. Let me dream about tomorrow, and the next day, and as many days after that as I'm given before the snow flies.

Let's all be kids in the summer time. Healthy, happy, and full of the fullness of life.

Ode To Summer

By: Michael Hume
Corbett National Park Tour with Delhi and Agra Book cheap flights: A Perfect Travel Guide Several Of The World's Most Popular Destinations For Hiking A Few Of The Planet's Very Best Hiking Destinations Rajasthan with Goa Tour Package Showcases the Best of Indian Diversities Enjoy Your Holidays like Maharaja in Rajasthan Heritage Hotels Newest DSLR comparison - Getting more bangs for bucks! The most memorable holiday Discover what Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast of Australia has to offer Fitting In All The Hot Tourist Spots On You Sydney Holiday Hopping Around To See Kangaroos In Sydney Australia The Exhibition On Fitting Internationally In Paris, A Great Change To Traditional Practice Incredible India Holiday Tours
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.122.195) / Processed in 0.013538 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2599, 954,
Ode To Summer