Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Norway Travel In A Nutshell
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Norway Travel In A Nutshell

Here's a travel tip... take advantage of one of the the popular Norway in a Nutshell trips. The "Norway in a Nutshell" name is a registered trademark of the Fjord Tours.

Everyone starts in the cities, and you need to see Oslo and Bergen, but to really see Norway, you want to get out to the fjords.

We think the very best thing about Norway is the scenery... the fjords top our list, but you'll love the mountains, the glaciers, the waterfalls.... The first time we drove through Norway was in spring, and one thing I remember is all the waterfalls... they were everywhere. I kept thinking that this country just leaks.

Norway in a Nutshell gives you a great taste of all of that. This actually isn't one set trip, its a series of well organized bus, train and ferry connections through Norway's scenic fjord country.Norway Travel In A Nutshell

The most basic Nutshell trip can take you round trip from Bergen in a day if that's all you have. You leave Bergen early in the morning and take the train to Myrdal. The Bergen Railway is a high altitude one. Be prepared for beautiful windswept mountains, crystal glaciers, shimmering lakes and those waterfalls I talked about.

But that all just sets the stage for the Flam Railway. You get off one train in Myrdal and change to another. It's only 12 miles (19 km) but you wind down 2,800 feet (850 m) through even more spectacular scenery to the little village of Flam.

In Flam, you will connect with a sightseeing boat for your breathtaking view of the fjords. You'll start up the Aurlandsfjord, a narrow arm at the end of the Sognefjord. Just as the waterway seems to be opening up, you will sail into the Naeroyfjord and end your two hour boat ride in Gudvangen.

The Sognefjord is Norway's longest and deepest fjord, and possibly its most famous fjord. These two narrow arms are on the most scenic part. In Gudvangen, you'll leave the boat, and you'll take a bus up to Voss, so you can catch a train from Voss back to Bergen.

You can make Norway in a Nutshell into a one way trip from Olso to Bergen or the reverse if you'd like. You can also choose to break the journey into two or three days rather than one long one racing from train to boat to bus to train.

You could break the journey in Flam and spend a day hiking or visiting the cute nearby village of Aurland.

You could use this as a round trip from Oslo and stop for a couple of days to see Bergen.

You can combine this with visits to other fjords like the Hardangerfjord or the Geirangerfjord. The Norwegian company Fjord Tours offers many different combinations... and any one of them will let you see Norway in a Nutshell.

By: Stuart
Travel Guidebook On Grand Packages Or Amazing Suites For Flagstaff Hotels New Traveler Ideas Regarding Kyoto Hotels - Rates Conveniences Proximity To Points Of Interest Dinin Invaluable Process To Buy Charleston Hotel Save More Packages For Husbands And Wifes Travelers And B Traveller Points Dealing With Packages And Smooth Routes While Taking Koh Samui Hotels Best Guidelines To Have Fun At Cozumel Island Holidays For Saving Plus Having Excellent Time With Sp Get Luxury To A Los Angeles Luxury Resort Hotel On Your Travels, With Tons Accommodations Reliable I Experts Guidelines Helping You With Holidays Concessions Along With Staff While Taking Excellent Koh I definitely see them as my favorite pair of the summer Helpful Traveler Tips And Ideas About Caribbean Destinations All Families Have To Think About Learn London's Best Museums With Effective Travel Instructions To Adventurers Feel Quiet And Relish At The Wondrous Places In Olympia For Your Ultimate Greek Trips Ultimate Hints Dealing With Special Reductions Combined With Comfortable Trips While Enjoying Your G Important Instructions To Book Charleston Hotel Word Class Packages For Life Partners Travel Oriente
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.134.113.136) / Processed in 0.012679 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 2827, 954,