Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Nocturnal Enuresis – Why Isn't My Kid Toilet Trained Yet?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Nocturnal Enuresis – Why Isn't My Kid Toilet Trained Yet?

Nocturnal Enuresis – Why Isn't My Kid Toilet Trained Yet?

Nocturnal Enuresis Why Isn't My Kid Toilet Trained Yet

?

Nocturnal Enuresis is just another way of saying bedwetting in children that are old enough to be already toilet trained. There are several causes of this condition including genetics but the bulk of the cases are caused by emotional issues.

Children may react to what they perceive as a trauma or anxiety ridden experience by being unable to control their bladders even though their systems have matured sufficiently to accomplish the task. In fact children may seem to be completely toilet trained and then revert back to bedwetting after one of these events occurs in their life.

Losing a parent in a divorce or through death, having a new sibling enter the family, child abuse, loss of a pet are all types of events that can cause nocturnal enuresis. In addition, high anxiety events like the first day at school, or the first time the child is left in someone else's care like at day care or camp can trigger an episode.

Occasionally this problem will persist into the teens and that can have a major impact on how the child develops socially. It's only natural that an older child who thinks that bedwetting is wrong would avoid situations where he or she might be discovered as a bed wetter like at camp or a sleepover. This can seriously impact on their ability to socialize and on their own self image.

Of course the first step in correcting nocturnal enuresis should be a trip to the doctor's office. Finding the underlying cause of the condition is an absolute must if treatment is to be successful. In the meantime there are a number of incontinence products that can give the child the confidence that they can mingle with friends without worrying about embarrassing accidents.

Incontinence pants or pads can be used during the day and an incontinence mattress cover or pad can provide protection at night. In most cases children simply grow out of nocturnal enuresis as they mature emotionally. Providing incontinence products can help speed that process along.
Childhood Diabetes is Not Wholly Understood VBS Check Filter Out the Criminals from the Life of Children and Vulnerable Adults Olive Kids Under Construction Review Disney Guide Book For Kids-Disney Guide Top 5 Christmas Toys For Kids in 2008 Are You Looking For An Exiting Childs Birthday Party Idea? Updated Facts - Garlic Apple Cider Vinegar You And Your Child - Teamwork At Its Best! Some youngsters are easy to buy kids shoes for American Steps Against Childhood Obesity Advantages And Disadvantages Of Purchasing A Loft Children's Bed Learning To Give Your Child More Freedom-From A Parenting Ebook When I Grow up I Want to Be like a Child 8 Effective Ways On How To Determine The Risk Factor Of Substance Abuse Among Teenagers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.69.152) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.005000 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2123, 956,
Nocturnal Enuresis – Why Isn't My Kid Toilet Trained Yet? Amsterdam