Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » No Fly Holidays
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

No Fly Holidays

No Fly Holidays

No Fly Holidays

No fly holidays are getting more popular now, that is a fact. So what are the reasons why more and more are turning to alternative holidays which do not involve planes and airports?

The 90s saw the real boom in budget airlines in Europe with EasyJet and RyanAir leading the way to low cost travel for everybody. UK tabloid newspapers such as The Sun and The Mirror ran offers where you could fly to Nice for 1 if you collected the tokens from just 4 newspapers. All of a sudden a whole generation of people who only dreamed of going abroad were nipping off for a quick weekend on The French Riviera or just going on a stag do in Prague. The budget airlines went further, destinations became Rome, Malaga, Lisbon or Berlin. Who could have predicted 100 years ago that the aviation would be available to everyone and not just the upper class?

Things have changed; budget airlines are not as cheap as they once were. There are now excesses charged for checking in luggage, taking skis, using a credit card. Travelling is more difficult now that you cannot take liquids or more than one piece of hand luggage on board, which makes travelling with children and babies very difficult indeed. But there are other factors that put people off flying which are potentially much more serious.No Fly Holidays

Terrorism reached its aviation peak with the 9/11 attacks of September 2001 which killed thousands of people. I travelled through New York myself on September 11th 2007 and even though it was 6 years on, there was a definite feeling of fear both in the air and on the ground. To me this is one of the major reasons why people have been considering no fly holidays for some years now.

Full body scanners are now being used at major European airports such as Manchester and Schipol, which many travellers are uneasy about. The scanners produce a naked image of travellers, which of course can include celebrities and children.

Carbon footprint. Aircraft cause severe destruction to our atmosphere and green campaigners have every right to fight for the right to preserve our planet. We will never stop flying, but aircraft will get greener and maybe the Earths population will take fewer unnecessary flights, but overall flying is never going to be an eco friendly option.

Natural phenomena. A superb example is the chaos that was caused by Icelands glacier-covered Eyjafjallajokull volcano in April 2010. The eruption of Eyjafjallajokull caused volcanic ash to be pumped into the atmosphere all over Europe, bringing the entire European aviation industry to a standstill for 4 days. The cost ran into billions and as I write this people are still trying to make their way home, two weeks after the eruption.No Fly Holidays

So what are the alternatives? Trains are one of the most eco-friendly forms of transport, but for someone like myself with a classic two parent, two children family, public transport is not going to work for me. We just have too much stuff to take with us.

A car plus tent is a nice option, but to be honest I am pushing 50 now and I expect a bit of comfort even luxury. The best compromise for me is to hire a motorhome, load it with everything we need and head off towards France and then Spain, which is a country I adore. Sure it takes a while to get there, but with a motorhome it is all part of the fun. The interesting thing is that once we get to our destination we use no more diesel other than getting home again. We use bikes that we take with us, walk and use local buses.

Motorhome hire may not be the most eco friendly option for a no fly holiday, but it is in comparison much better than flying, more fun and more laid back. If you would like choose motorhome hire as a way of enjoying no fly holidays, then give us a call on 0800 612 8719.

by: Jane Richardson
Top London Adventure Secrets To Economizing, Picking, And Reserving Hotels And A Lot More Great London Visit Information In Getting Price Cuts, Picking, As Well As Booking Hotels Plus Other Experts Help For Treats & Pleasant Trips On Baltimore Flights Christmas Specials On Tv Canada Tanzania Holiday Travel: What Places You Should Not Miss to Visit? Keeping Positive In A Travel Crisis Great London Tour Ideas Concerning Getting Price Deals, Selecting, Including Chartering Hotels And O Marvelous Secrets To Save Funds On Traveling Costs To Las Vegas Nevada And Have Excitement Holidays Without Flying Luxurious Beach Hotels In Miami Guide to Buying Holiday Villas in Greece Italy V Ireland Hospitality 2011 – Ireland V Italy Hospitality 2011 Traveling Information To Get The Best Of Deaps & Scrumptious Meals On Embarking Baltimore Flights
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.8.40) Baden-Wurttemberg / Pforzheim Processed in 0.017069 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3890, 954,
No Fly Holidays Pforzheim