Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Ninjutsu For Beginners - Setting Up A Home Dojo For Solo Training
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Ninjutsu For Beginners - Setting Up A Home Dojo For Solo Training

Do you want to learn ninjutsu? Are you serious about developing the power

, confidence, and control of a true warrior?

If so, then it is important that you do more than train and practice your skills in class with your instructor. In fact, one of the first things that my own teacher taught me, was that I was only going to learn about 10% of this art by attending class and training with him. The rest was up to me and my own willingness to practice, study, and research those things that just could not be covered in the context of a structured class - even if I attended every day!

This article is not about the importance of practice to your achievement of mastery. It is about how to set up a home dojo so that your practice outside of class can be as productive and conducive as possible.

Regardless of how much or how little space you have available, you can use these suggestions to create a true dojo - a "place where Enlightenment takes place."Ninjutsu For Beginners - Setting Up A Home Dojo For Solo Training

To begin with, you should have a space that is your own - and designed for the purposes of training. This can be as small as the corner of a room, and as large as a yard or a clearing in the woods. The point is that it is a place where you can focus your mind on the task at hand - you can focus on developing the skills which lead to Mastery.

You really don't need more than this. However, it never hurts to add a few things to remind you of your purpose and to aid in your training.

The following is a list of items that can make your training more productive, and to keep your mind tuned to, and focused on, the goal.

1) Kamiza or Kamidana ("Spirit seat or shelf") - This is a place where you can place reminders of the training, the lineage, and/or your intended goal. Traditionally, there is a symbol of the "spirit" of the training, at least a picture of your teacher (who represents the current-generation reflection of the lineage), as-well-as other items which represent aspects of the goal (i.e. candles, incense, plants, mirror, etc.) If you're interested in learning more about the kamiza, refer to the other article that I wrote on the subject.

2) Striking Target(s) - These can be commercially-available hand targets, body shields, or even larger, more portable items like the Wavemaster - or they can be things that you construct by attaching some padded material (like carpet-padding, carpeting, or even an old pillow) to a vertical post, pole or tree. These important training tools allow you to do more than strike the air - they allow you to develop the kind of solid, knockdown power that will end a fight in your favor.

3) Clearing for rolling, leaping, and practicing your breakfalls - Remember that Ninjutsu is very different from the kata-based styles where you can just stand in place and punch and kick from there. You must have the space to move. So, even if this means that you have to move the furniture around before you can do this type of training, like I did in the early days of my training, then so be it.

4) Training Tools - These are weapon mock-ups, or training versions, of any weapons included in the training at your level. Don't make the same mistake made by many students who rely on the teacher to provide these things in class. Even if he does, how will you practice if you don't have one of your own to work with outside of class?

Remember - you will only be as good at Black Belt, as the effort, attention, and practice that you put into each of the levels leading up to it. And, regardless of any rank received for being able to demonstrate particular skills, kata, or prowess in class - you will only attain true mastery with the right attitude, focus, and attention to your training!

by: Jeffrey Miller
Tips to Locating Cheap Auto Insurance in Brooklyn La Posicion De Las Comunides Autónomas En El Pacto Energetico The Cost of Auto Insurance in Cleveland for Good Drivers Securing Pre-approved Bad Credit Auto Loans Online Bad Credit Auto Loan- Helpful Info About Bad Credit Need Auto Loan Auto Mechanics: Separating The Best From The Rest Texas Auto Insurance Requirements A winning Auto Forex Trading System Save On Your Car Insurance With Pay As You Drive Escaping The Car Insurance Bait And Switch Car Insurance Price Quotes Automobile Insurance Premiums Automobile Insurance Comparisons
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.250.223) / Processed in 0.012862 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3844, 952,