Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Ninja Training - Where Do You Begin When Trying To Learn Ninjutsu?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Ninja Training - Where Do You Begin When Trying To Learn Ninjutsu?

One of the most common questions that I get from beginners about training in the martial art of Ninjutsu is

, "Where do I start?" And, even though there is a lot of the same old answers circulating among students and teachers - both online and off - I thought I'd offer some real food for thought.

So, this article outlines the 3 basic skill sets which form the foundation of the Ninja's armed and unarmed self defense method, known as Ninpo-taijutsu or Budo-taijutsu. After reading this article, you'll have a better understanding of, not only what skills to begin with in your training, but also in understanding a little more about the concept of "strategic thinking" - THE skill that REALLY sets the art of Ninjutsu apart from practically all others!

Let me tell you a little bit about myself, and why I am uniquely qualified to be teaching you - not just the art of Ninjutsu, but - how to protect yourself in Today's often unsafe world.

It goes without saying that I wasn't always a master-teacher of the Ninja's arts. In fact, I was just like you.Ninja Training - Where Do You Begin When Trying To Learn Ninjutsu?

I first started my martial arts training at the age of 12. I was the kid who was always bullied, picked on, and due to other forces in my life - had, easily, the lowest self-confidence of any kid in my school.

But, even though I enjoyed my classes, and they did teach me a few skills, there was always something missing. I knew this because over the course of the next 6 years, I jumped around from system to system, and from teacher to teacher - trying to get a handle on this thing called self defense.

And, you know what?

I was always disappointed.

Can you guess why?

It was because... none of the classes, lessons, or attacks that I was learning how to deal with...

Mirrored what I had, and continued to experience in the REAL world!

And then I became a police officer. Now, I had unique needs - not to mention limitations, regulations, and constraints - that the average civilian didn't have.

I didn't want "movie martial arts!"

I didn't want to know how to win a karate tournament, or to become the next World Karate Champion!"

No. What I wanted was to be able to defend myself, quickly, easily, and with the least amount of wear-and-tear on myself in the process! And, at least when I was on-duty, working as a cop, undercover investigator, and even as a bodyguard - I had to know, not only how to respond to an aggressor, but also how to match my technique to the "situation" so that I didn't overstep the laws governing "use of force!"

And then came Ninjutsu in 1980. And, after reading up on it and doing some serious research, I decided that I would give the Ninja's arts a try. Shuriken, black suits, and the myths surrounding the art and the Ninja families themselves aside - I decided to learn ninjutsu.

So, I did.

And now, thirty plus years later - after setting out on this Path of Warrior Mastery - I have not only become very proficient in the martial art that most closely matched real combat, but I have charted and developed a system for teaching it that is based on the historical lessons, but focuses on the critical elements, and is able to walk a student through the different stages of development in a logical, systematic way.

Now, back to the question that you had when you found this article: "Where do you begin?"

The place to begin with anything is in laying a solid foundation, not just for your training today, but also for your advancement toward eventual Mastery! So, the curriculum, lessons, and skills that you should be focusing on at this stage of the game... should do JUST that.

The problem for most is that they want to start out, right at the Master's level. The basics are seen as "necessary evils" to be gone through so that they can get to the "cool stuff." Hell, a lot of students try to by-pass even the "necessary evils" - seeing them as completely unnecessary at all!

But, if you are really serious about being able to use these skills...

...during a real attack...

...against a real attacker - here - in the 21st century...

Then, you cannot afford to skip the important steps that are designed to literally save your life!

Remember. We're not making vegetable soup here. Where, if you screw up, you can just dump the lot and start over. If you aren't training correctly - if you aren't focusing on the right skills, and making sure that those skills are solid, strong, and powerful, and...

...if you can't use those skills under pressure, in that chaotic, stressful, and "raw" emotion-based moment called a fight...

...you're screwed! Plain and simple!

So, exactly what are the base skill sets?

Exactly where should you begin your training?

Here are the 3 skill areas that form the "Basic" level of training. Please note that these skill areas focus on you, and the physical, mechanical operation of your body. These skills are just that... skills.

You will need much more to actually be able to respond appropriately to the raw animosity of an enraged attacker than a couple of "cool moves" hidden up your proverbial "Ninja sleeve."

That being said, I highly suggest that you give as much attention, time, and effort to developing the following skills and abilities, if you want to learn ninjutsu, and are serious and committed about being a self defense expert.

1) Kamae / Posturing - This is the positioning of the both the parts of the body to protect against incoming strikes, grabs, and kicks, as-well-as the relative positioning of your body to his - as a whole - which ultimately controls his perceptions, choices, and ability to get at you in the first place.

2) Taihen / Body Movement - Everything from basic walking (not to be confused with the way mommy and daddy taught you as a baby!) to rolling, leaping, running, and break-falls fall under this category. The idea here is to develop a body that can adapt to anything that might be done to it, as well as the ability to move and shift from one position to the next quickly, easily, and effortlessly.

3) Atemi / Striking Skills - There is a reason I didn't use the word "punching here." The Japanese word "Atemi" (ah-teh-mee) means "impacting the body." If I were to simply say "punching," you would miss the point about the way the Ninja sees this skill, as well as those of kicking, general striking, and even the way we grab in the art of Ninjutsu.

What is important to remember is that, if you want to learn Ninjutsu, you must first understand that Ninpo-Taijutsu was not created with the same lame, half-hearted, and misguided logic that created modern mixed martial arts. Ninjutsu is a collection of skills, sub-arts, strategies, tactics, and techniques which are all held together by the same concepts and principles.

And, the approach is scientific and based on both the needs of your lifestyle, environment, and times - but also based on the need to respond to something called "attacker logic." This is not about competing for a belt or a trophy. It's about life, and keeping the one you have.

It's also about naturalness - and using the Universal laws around you to do what others can only guess at - or see as "magic."

by: Jeffrey Miller
Caravan Insurance Quotes - Finding The Best Price For Your Needs Bad Credit Auto Loans In Kingman Arizona Auto And Household Insurance Quotes - A Comprehensive Review On Discounts Cheap Auto Insurance For Young Drivers - Where to Find Auto Insurance cheap Cheerleaders who Stunt May be at Risk for Serious Injuries The Need For A Petrol Saving Device For Trucks The Working Of A Petrol Saving Device For Trucks Preventing Injuries in Cheerleading through Strength Training The 2010 Chevy Silverado- Best Buy In 4x4 Chevy Trucks For Sale Pickup trucks – The best way to meet trucking needs Birth Injury Attorney And How He/she Can Help You Boyce Activated Carbon Products For The Automotive Industry Getting a great deal on used trucks for sale Isn't always worth the problems
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.116.20) / Processed in 0.009693 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 78 , 7578, 952,