Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » New Luggage Solutions to Your Holiday Woes
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

New Luggage Solutions to Your Holiday Woes

We're coming up on holiday travel season! I've already booked my tickets for Thanksgiving to visit my in-laws, and we're looking at heading to a wedding in a few months as well!

I love to travel, but lately one of the things that's been really discouraging is all the hassle with the baggage situation at the airport.

At first they were just really picky about the size of your luggage, and taking on a carry on (and a "personal item") that was small enough to fit in the overhead compartment or in the much-coveted legroom area ahead of your seat.New Luggage Solutions to Your Holiday Woes

Then, after 9/11 and all the beefed up security, it seemed like carrying on luggage was just too much trouble because of all the restrictions on what you could carry in your luggage. Goodbye nail clippers, shampoo, toothpaste and shaving cream. "Please put your contact lens solution, drinking water and hair spray in this receptacle so we can throw it away!"

It was so frustrating. I figure I could do a lot of damage to my fellow passengers with just a plain old wooden pencil if I had a mind for it. If I studied karate, my hands could be registered as lethal weapons, but I wouldn't have to gate-check those, would I?

The newest round in luggage aggravation seems to be around the "cost savings" measures of not letting you check any baggage. If it's too big or it weighs too much, they're gonna charge ya!

Because of all of this, a lot of people have been reconsidering their luggage situation (as well as their travel arrangements - "Maybe I'll just stay home, drive or take the train!").

If you've checked with the airlines and realized you need to do something different, it might be time to look into buying some new luggage.

The right luggage is easy to carry, even if it's heavy. Roller bags are awesome, as are "backpack" style carry-on suitcases (mine is by Rick Steves) that allow you to use both shoulders to bear the weight of your luggage. (I always pack lots of books to read on my trips, so my carry-on luggage tends to be heavy!)

You'll also want to get a suitcase that fits the airport's size restrictions on checked or carry-on luggage. It's a good idea to look at the current restrictions at several airlines so you can make sure your bag will fit on all of your preferred carriers' flights.

Then, consider how many clothes and other items you generally bring on your trip, buy a great bag, and get packing!

Many travelers fear the expense of investing in a new Samsonite suitcase or Hartmann luggage. While name brands can be expensive, there's plenty of cheap luggage out there, too.

Depending on how often you travel, how many suits you pack, and whether you like to check luggage or carry on, you may find that a high quality Samsonite suitcase my fit your needs very well. Or a cheaper luggage solution may be right for you.
Botswana Tourist Attractions Kerala Tour Explore Magnificent Attractions Coastal Holidays Rv Travel: A Simple Guide For Newbies The Right Christmas Gifts for Tech Enthusiasts Joomla Web Development, Its Benefits And Christmas Offer! Come on Out and Meet People Washington DC Why French Nails Will Make You Feel At Your Best Finding Travel Insurance Online Glimpse Of Golden Triangle Tours An effortless search of cheap travel insurance Choosing one of the best travel insurance plans Golden Triangle Tour With Golden Temple Tour
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.63.136) / Processed in 0.013021 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3053, 954,