Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » New Life For A 1971 Honda Cb450 K4 Motorcycle
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

New Life For A 1971 Honda Cb450 K4 Motorcycle

New Life For A 1971 Honda Cb450 K4 Motorcycle

For the better part of 50 years, the words "Honda" and "quality" have gone together like bread and butter

. From the beginning, Honda knew that rigid quality control was critical to success. So imagine vintage motorcycle restorer Charlie O'Hanlon's surprise when he opened up this 1971 Honda CB450 K4 and discovered it was missing parts the day it left the factory. Years ago, the original owner of this bike dropped it off at Charlie's San Francisco vintage motorcycle restoration shop, Charlie's Place, complaining about a poorly-shifting transmission. Charlie gave it a going over, and when he sent it back out on the road the transmission seemed to work properly. Some time later a new owner turned up with the bike, frustrated because he couldn't get first or second gear to engage. It was an otherwise nice looking and low mileage machine, but the owner couldn't afford to have the transmission taken apart, so Charlie offered to buy the bike from him. Five years went by, and the CB450 gathered dust in the back of Charlie's shop.

Not too long ago, Bob Lee turned up at Charlie's Place, dragging along an early Seventies CB450 he had bought on eBay as a restoration project. As these things too often go, the bike wasn't worth restoring: "It was rusted garbage," Charlie recalls. "I showed this bike to Bob and we worked out a deal. I took the eBay bike and gave Bob a credit for the few things I could use off it, then sold Bob this bike with the agreement that I would fix it for him. He didn't want a full bore concours restoration, so we agreed on a 'restoration in moderation' with performance upgrades." Inside the CB450: After Charlie and Bob worked out the details of what was to be done to this CB450, Charlie started tearing down the engine and transmission. "I took apart the transmission and got a real surprise," Charlie recalls. "First gear rides on a shaft, and there's supposed to be a bronze bushing in the center of the gear to keep it aligned. When I took the transmission apart, the bushing wasn't there I couldn't believe it. Remember, this was a low mileage bike and the transmission had never been opened up before. It must have been made the day after a major holiday."

Neverland-motor is a global Motorcycle Parts and Auto Parts online retailer. We have a aftermarket Motor parts Development and Research Team working on develop professional and unique aftermarket parts. Our business was start from Ebay.we sells motorcycle parts and motorcycle fairings on Ebay since 2008,we have served thousands of motorcycle rider worldwide and get thousands of good review.During these years we have acquired a lot of motorcycle parts selling experience and cooperate with many parts factory to ensure our service and products can outstanding. With a wide variety of payment options, Neverland-motor offers convenience to customers worldwide. Purchasing options include major credit cards, debit cards, wire transfer and PayPal. Neverland-motor has a payment method that works for you, with VeriSign's world renowned secure payment technology keeping your information safe at all times. For more info about Motorcycle Fairings, CBR Fairings, please visit our website!

by: admin2012
Automobile Comparison Using Article Marketing How Can You Get The Cheap Auto Insurance? Auto Repair San Francisco How To Ensure The Best Service Get Cheap Car Insurance Rates Buy Car Alarm Select Autodvdgps Are You Overspending On Your Auto Insurance? Vw Golf Cabriolet Insurance Is Necessary To Secure His Car Vw Fox Insurance Company Secure Your Car With The Insurance Policies You Can Also Insure Vw Caravelle Insurance For Securing Method Your Valuable Car Secure With Vw Car Insurance Company Ways To Save Money On Your 4x4 Car Insurance The History Of Honda Rc51 Motorcycle Better Services In Affordable Prices At Auto Repair Mesa
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.184.237) New York / New York City Processed in 0.012596 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 6 , 3518, 952,
New Life For A 1971 Honda Cb450 K4 Motorcycle New York City