Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Nascar Tickets - Denny Hamlin Wins Texas Race, Overcoming Knee Injury
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Nascar Tickets - Denny Hamlin Wins Texas Race, Overcoming Knee Injury

Nascar Tickets - Denny Hamlin Wins Texas Race, Overcoming Knee Injury

He might have limped out of his No. 11 stock car following the rain-delayed Samsung Mobile 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway on April 19, but Denny Hamlin's track record at Monday races went unscathed once again as the injured racecar driver sped away to yet another win in the 2010 Sprint Cup Series.

Hamlin's second win in three races came at Texas just three weeks after he went under the knife to repair an ACL injury in his left knee, and the young Joe Gibbs Racing superstar didn't seem to mind the soreness in his knee as he claimed a victory at April's Samsung Mobile 500 at Texas. Hamlin certainly won't let anyone rain on his parade, and he proved it by outlasting yet another rain delay to win his second Monday race in a row (the last being March 29 at Martinsville).

Hamlin's No. 11 Toyota zipped into Victory Lane in Texas after a late crash claimed frontrunners Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart on April 19. In the final laps of the race, Hamlin surged past leader Jeff Burton on a Lap 323 (of 334) restart, crossing the finish line in first before cautiously stepping foot outside his stock car. Just three weeks after having surgery to repair a torn ACL, Hamlin seems to be back in contention for the Chase, and this second win of the season launched him into 11th place in driver standings - good enough to make the Chase if the season was to end today.

After posting the big win in Texas, Hamlin spoke to NASCAR.com about his mid-season surgery, saying, "I did it for the long run. I did it for the Chase. I did it for the championship... I'm still not 100 percent by any means. I feel like I'm 60 [percent] at best. We're still a month away from getting back where we were." Even though Denny Hamlin will be nursing a bum knee for the next couple months, his healthy right leg was enough to pack the heat at the Samsung Mobile 500 in Texas, and the 29-year-old driver hopes it will be enough to lead him into the Chase by the end of this season - a plausible goal as of now.Nascar Tickets - Denny Hamlin Wins Texas Race, Overcoming Knee Injury

Currently sitting in 11th place in Cup Series standings after the April 19 Texas race (rocketing from No. 18 the previous week), Denny Hamlin is right on the line to make the Chase for the Championship, and by the 10-race playoff at the end of this season he hopes to have solidified a legit chance at his first series championship. After Texas, reigning champion Jimmie Johnson still sits in first place in driver standings, with Matt Kenseth in second, Greg Biffle in third, Kevin Harvick in fourth, Jeff Gordon in fifth, Kyle Busch in sixth, Dale Earnhardt Jr. in seventh, Jeff Burton in eighth, Kurt Busch in ninth, Mark Martin in 10th, Hamlin in 11th and Joey Logano in 12th.

With things heating up in the Cup Series this April, NASCAR tickets are red-hot items on the sports market. NASCAR fans are thrilled to see if Denny Hamlin will be able to hold his place in the Top 12 as he continues the recovery process from recent surgery, and with several other big races coming up over the next couple months, time will soon tell if Hamlin's two big wins in March and April will be enough to boost him into the Chase.

by: Pat Smith
New Auto Parts Vs. Used Auto Parts Auto Parts - Fitment Notes Bad Credit Auto Financing is Available in Roeland Park, KS Bad Credit Auto Financing is Available in Parkville, MO What Determines If You Can Get Cheap Car Insurance? Understanding The Features Of Cheap Car Insurance A Guide To Getting Cheap Car Insurance Hybrid Water Power Project What Factors Affect Whether You Can Get Cheap Car Insurance Or Not? Hybrid Water Power System Garware Bestretch Limited Ventures into the Automotive Sector Bob Volk Hybrid Water Power Green Car Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.196.123) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.005583 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3239, 952,
Nascar Tickets - Denny Hamlin Wins Texas Race, Overcoming Knee Injury Copenhagen