Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Naming Names... How to Name your Business, Product or Service by:Maya Sunpongco
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Naming Names... How to Name your Business, Product or Service by:Maya Sunpongco

Sometimes the best inspiration comes from hearing about the deconstruction of other company's names

. For you, I am happy to share how I came up with "Slice A Day :: your slice on marketing"...

First the purpose and vision of my site was to have people volunteer some marketing stories...true case studies of business owners and how they promote business.

Then gathered the supplies for brainstorming. I had a sheet of paper, pencil and a dictionary/thesaurus.

Let the brainstorming begin!

I love really clever, catchy and visual names. It comes from having a web design and creative background. The AIGA.org hosts a local networking event called "Brew" with the tagline "where ideas perculate". I loved it! And to mimic it's genius, here is where that spark of inspiration took me.

::: Start List :::

- "grill - where ideas sizzle"

- "water cooler"

...sidenote: i thought that's where people really talk openly

- "feedbag - serving up ideas"

- "your market draw"

...sidenote: i don't know how i got here

- "evoke"

...sidenote: now i'm just writing words, synonyms

- "persuade"

...sidenote: this is where the dictionary & thesaurus come in

- "convince"

- "share"

... a few minutes pass by

... a few more minutes pass by

- "Slice-A-Day.com"

...sidenote: visual images of pie and cake

...sidenote: slice is a portion of a bigger piece...hmm

- "Share Your Slice On Marketing"

...sidenote: tagline that explains and supports vision

::: End Brainstorming List :::

I like "slice" because you just get quick and small chunks to read... just enough to evoke a thought, to make you think, or to leave you wanting more.

About the author

With over 100+ websites designed in the past 4 years, Maya Sunpongco of Design Insomnia is your Website Workout Mentor helping small businesses harnesses the "Power of Design to Communicate." For an objective assessment and guidance on your current web project, email maya@designinsomnia.com and ask about the Website Workout Assessment program.
Why PR is an Engine for Economic Growth by:Robert A. Kelly Consulting: A Different World by:Yolanda Yvette McDonald The 7 Traits of an Exceptional & Successful Entrepreneur by:Robert Moment Buying and Selling Distressed Houses for Maximum Profit by:Jeanette Joy Fisher The Seven Best Ways For Salespeople And Entrepreneurs To Build AWESOME Customer Relationships by:Jim Meisenheimer How Salespeople Can Create Instant Believability And Credibility With Their Customers by:Jim Meisenheimer Selling Is Easy When You're First, Fast And Foremost by:Jim Meisenheimer Mortgage Consumer Bill of Rights by:Syd Johnson Army Ranger Reveals How to Control Corporate Stress by:Dale Collie Where Is Our Largest Technological Plan? by:J.C.Melo Diamond Flashes by:Laura Ciocan Customer Service: Stop Sabotaging Your Customer Relationships by:Lora J Adrianse The 7 Principles of Business Integrity by:Robert Moment
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.12.151.153) / Processed in 0.007762 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 56 , 2357, 973,