Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » My Workers Comp Insurance Company Might Be Acting In Bad Faith, What Can I Do?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Workers Comp Insurance Company Might Be Acting In Bad Faith, What Can I Do?

Has your workers comp insurance company handled claims in a timely fashion

, and paid legitimate bills associated with your workers comp claim? If so, they are acting in good faith. Otherwise, if they avoid or delay payment of legitimate claims, they are incurring in bad faith practices. An insurance company may be acting in bad faith if they:

- Manipulate or hide evidence supporting an injured worker's request for benefits

- Dictate the care that a medical provider can give to an injured worker

- Cut off worker's comp benefits in violation of the state's law on worker's compensation

- Fail to investigate claims in a timely fashion

If your insurance company might be engaging in any of these practices, you should consider the following:

- Thoroughly review your insurance policy . Your claim must fall within the limitations and guidelines of your policy. Just because you disagree with your insurance company doesn't mean that the company is acting in bad faith. If you need help reviewing your policy, you might want to contact an attorney specializing in bad faith practices.

- Collect Documentation . If you pursue a bad faith claim against your workers comp insurance company, you will need as much documentation as possible. Keep close records of all your interactions with the company and your medical treatments. Be sure to keep copies of any written correspondence generated by you, your insurance company, or your doctors. Record the name of the insurance representatives you talk to on the phone and the date, time, and contents of your conversations.

- Contact Your Director and Commissioner . You should send a letter to the Director of Claims at your insurance company asking them to review your claim. If they refuse, you should contact the Commissioner of the Department of Insurance in your state and ask for them to review your claim.

- Contact an Attorney . If you have not already, you should contact an attorney who specializes in insurance bad faith and/or workmans comp law. Insurance companies who have failed in their responsibilities to their insured can be held accountable with legal action. When brought to court, insurance companies who have engaged in bad faith practices may be found responsible for paying past claims and for paying damages that you may have incurred in the wake of their negligence.

Most insurance companies are reliable and professional, but bad faith practices within workmans comp insurance companies do still occur. If you have suffered from a company's bad faith , you deserve just compensation and repayment.

by: Dylan Taylor
Assamese Cuisine In Weddings Workers Compensation Insurance In California An Overview Considerable Facts To Find Commercial Insurance Quotes Why Getting Business Insurance Is Imperative For A Commercial Enterprise? Allstate Insurance Company Celebrates Pro Football Hall Of Fame 50th Anniversary With All-time Te How To Easily Find Income Protection Insurance Safeguard Your Business From Unanticipated Risks With Insurance Popular General Insurance Products That Consumers Seek Slice Your Business Insurance Rates Why One Should Compare Insurance Services Before Going For A Policy Insurance Coverage Available With Certain Alcohol And Drugs Detox Centers A Few Tips To Get The Best In Insurance Rates The Need To Opt For Business Insurance Policies
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.60.192) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.013109 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2737, 975,
My Workers Comp Insurance Company Might Be Acting In Bad Faith, What Can I Do? Tel Aviv