Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » My Journey To Getting Insurance Online
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Journey To Getting Insurance Online

I like to think of myself as an independent person even though I sometimes do not have the faintest idea what I'm doing. When I left the parental home and struck out on my own, I was very green and didn't know the first thing about how to go about getting insurance for my car and possessions, let alone the names of any insurance companies I might use. Now that I have the advantage of hindsight, I can honestly say that I would have saved myself loads of time and effort if I had only known about getting insurance online.

I still remember how long it took me to look in the Yellow Pages for the names of insurance companies, and that was before I even got onto the phone with any of them. I think the worst part of it for me was trying to take notes of what the insurance rep was telling me. I remember trying to answer questions and have them fire figures and amounts back at me, and how the notepad would move under my hand when I tried to write anything down. Half the time, I would have to phone the insurance company back because I couldn't decipher what I had written, and then I would get somebody new and have to give them my details all over again. It was a time of confusion as I waded through all the jargon and tried to work out which insurance quote was the best one. I remember having quite a high phone bill that month.

I knew enough about insurance to pick a reputable company and I took out combined car and household contents insurance together which, as I now realize, gave me a better deal but that was only because the insurance rep suggested it. I was totally unprepared when he asked how much I wanted to insure my household contents for. It hadn't occurred to me that I might have a say in this. Experience has taught me how important it is to do your own research and that the caveat, "Let the buyer beware" still stands. I have learnt that, in life and in insurance, that no one else will make your decisions for you and that you need to be well informed to make those decisions or you will end up holding the short stick. Strangely enough, all this didn't happen that long ago, it's just that now, I know better, and I have discovered the wonders of getting insurance online.

On the subject of online insurance, it is possible to get a number of quotes from an insurance company offering this service by entering your details only once. Choosing to go this route will give you a number of quotes to choose from so you won't be making the mistake (as I did) of going with the first insurance company you come across. Furthermore, these quotes will be uniform as they come off a single set of details so there won't be any comparing of apples with pears, so to speak. Alternatively, if you already know the names of a number of reputable insurance companies, you can visit their websites individually to get quotes if this is what you prefer.
Misselling PPI - 10 reasons to claim Payment Protection Insurance Back Guidelines How to Get Low Cost Big Rig Insurance Why The Average Wedding Insurance Policy Is Short By 30% Live Leicester City - Swansea City Live Stream Online Football 03-01-2011 Hd Video Tv Coverage Barnsley - Coventry City Streaming Live Online Soccer Hd Tv Coverage 03-01-2011 Business Insurance Quotes – Getting Prepared to do Business in California Football Sheffield Utd Vs Doncaster Rovers Live Streaming Online Tv 03-01-2011 Coverage Checking out and Comparing Horse Insurance Wanting to know why SUVs are cheaper to insure? Untold Insurance Secrets Does Your Insurance Company See You As Just A Number? What Sr-22 Insurance Is And How To Get It Cheap How To Find Cheap Motorbike Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.127.232) / Processed in 0.012302 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2997, 975,