Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » My Breasts Are Too Big--should I Get Liposuction Of The Breast Or A Breast Reduction?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Breasts Are Too Big--should I Get Liposuction Of The Breast Or A Breast Reduction?

The women who have experienced having excessively large breasts know that it can cause a number of problems

. Large breasts can interfere with activities such as sports, can make one feel conspicuous in public, can make clothes-shopping difficult and can even cause physical pain. The strain of constantly carrying large breasts can lead to chronic pain in the neck and back, and it can also lead to frequent headaches. Additionally, the constant pressure exerted by bra straps can cause skin irritation and severe shoulder pain. A further problem is that large breasts can make it difficult to obtain accurate mammogram readings, which can interfere with the early detection of breast cancer.

More and more women are turning to surgical methods in order to escape the downsides of excessively large breasts. Two common shoices are breast reduction and liposuction of the breast (also referred to as lipoplasty or suction lipectomy). Each of these can effectively make the breast smaller, and each has its pros and cons. However, lipoplasty tends to be much less invasive and traumatic, and when possible it is advisable to choose a lipoplasty over a traditional breast reduction (also called reduction mammoplasty).

Suction lipectomy is a procedure which removes excess fat from specific target areas. In many cases, it can work very well in targeting the breasts. During the surgery, your doctor will numb the target area with a local anesthetic and make one or a few small incisions. Through these, the doctor will remove excess fat with a small, hollow tube called a cannula.

Lipoplasty can remove up to 50% of a woman's breast fat, which can go a long way toward removing strain. The surgery can also provide some limited amount of lift, simply because the removal of weight helps the natural elasticity of the breasts. Because the incisions made are so small (often only millimeters in length), they tend not to produce much in the way of scarring. However, it cannot remove glandular tissue, so it isn't as good at treating breasts with an exceptionally high level of glandular tissue.

On the other hand, a conventional breast reduction is a much more invasive procedure. It removes skin, fat and excess glandular tissue, and it typically requires general anesthesia. The exact technique varies somewhat, but typically a number of large incisions are made. One common technique involves the cutting of three large incisions: one all the way around the areola, one along the bottom of the breast crease and one vertically from the areola to the breast crease. This typically leaves large, visible scars that fade with time but never go fully away.

There are some cases that lipoplasty has a more difficult time treating. In these cases, a person may need to undergo a more invasive reduction mammoplasty. However, whenever it is possible, a liposuction will involve less pain, less scarring and a smaller chance of complications.

by: Christian Heftel
Is Liposuction Of The Breast Right For Me? Colon Cancer Survival Rate Stage 1 Colon Cancer Survival Rate Stage 3 Colon Cancer Survival Rate Stage 2 UN Opens Temporary Office During Asbestos Renovation Is Our Home Safe From Cancer-Causing Radon? Liver Cleanse Battles Toxins in Your Body Incidence Rate Of Mesothelioma Based On Geographic Location Vegetarians At Greater Risk of Some Forms of Cancer Do You Talk To Your Breasts? Wood Stoves Deliver A Big Cost Savings Proven To Cure Cancer And Virtually All Diseases Kill The Cancer Right Away
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.213.209) / Processed in 0.010456 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3048, 301,
My Breasts Are Too Big--should I Get Liposuction Of The Breast Or A Breast Reduction?