Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » More People Require Female Tradesmen
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

More People Require Female Tradesmen

More women may want to take plumbing courses as an increasing number of homeowners

desire the services of female tradesmen, according to a survey.

Research by Direct Line for Business revealed that 29 per cent of British adults claimed that they would prefer a woman to carry out professional building and plumbing work if given the choice.

The main reason why the respondents would opt for a female tradesman over the stereotypical male choice is that they thought that women possessed a greater level of attention to detail.

More than half of those surveyed said that they would feel safer in the presence of a female tradesman while 45 per cent said they thought a woman would provide a better overall service.

The study also found that 46 per cent of homeowners believed that women tradesmen are favourable to men because they are more reliable and punctual whilst 42 per cent were of the opinion that females were better at multitasking.

Hafida Sarachi, a Dragon's Den contestant, said: "There is a growing demand for female tradesman services from both male and female customers."

Ms Sarachi went onto say that practical women should enter the trades industry and this was supported by 38 per cent of respondents who wished that they could see more females running a trades business.

She added: "Unfortunately there are still very few women going into the trades, so I would encourage more women who like DIY to take up their tools and go for it!"

Kate Syred, head of Direct Line for Business, said that it was important that both sexes are successful in the trades sector.

"Traditionally men have dominated the trade services and have been doing a great job of it; however it is encouraging to now see a strong demand for female trade services as well," she added.

A female plumber from Somerset won the Arabian version of The Apprentice after impressing judges with her business acumen.

Hannah Dodkin said that the skills she learned on plumbing courses helped her win the television competition.

She said: "Working as a plumber has helped me enormously to grasp the technical aspects of the real estate market in the United Arab Emirates.

"When you learn a trade you also learn that sometimes you have to drill straight through a wall instead of going around it even if it takes four hours. This attitude towards getting something accomplished trained me not to give up at the first hurdle."

Ms Dodkin won a 335,000 prize from property billionaire Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, who acted as the show's Alan Sugar figure.

by: Martin Hofschroer
Printout Postage with Online Postage Services Hottest Forex Megadroid Robot - Find Out Why Many Forex Traders Are Loving This Megadroid Robot Tips for Spanish Online translation Safely Access Online Accounts with Strong Passwords WHY SHOULD YOU STUDY GERMAN ONLINE? I Made My Second Million Dollars Online Flipping Websites! e-Drugs Just a Click Away - Buying Drugs Online Watch Monday Night Football Online Watch TV Online: PCs and Satellite TV Learning - and conquering - Spanish online What Is The Best And Fastest Mlm Online? The Right Shed Plans Online - Best Questions To Answer First China Tour - The Trademark of History
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.8.247) / Processed in 0.012218 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 2698, 973,