Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Montana Whitetail Hunting Trips - Sighting in Your Rifle, What You Need to Know
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Montana Whitetail Hunting Trips - Sighting in Your Rifle, What You Need to Know

Montana Whitetail Hunting Trips - Sighting in Your Rifle

, What You Need to Know

Montana Whitetail Hunting Trips

It's a cool, crisp morning and you are sitting on your favorite ridge amongst three large rocks that keep you hidden from critters walking up the draws on both sides. What could be better, you walked in quietly about an hour before sun up and now that sun his seeping warmth onto your shoulders as you begin to see the deer making their trek back to their bedding areas after a good night of feeding in the corn fields at the bottom of your ridge. You've diligently taken the time to figure out the shots you might be presented with and ranged them all with your rangefinder. You've planned these shots since last season and now all you need is a nice buck to cooperate and you'll finish it the way you always have in all of your daydreams.

With the perfect hunt still in your mind, there he is! The beautiful 6x6 whitetail that you saw last year as a 4x4, and he's strolling directly into your shooting lanes. The gun is ready, the mind is willing, you are all set up and he's walking broadside at 100 yards. The crosshairs are placed directly on his front shoulder and this is the moment of truth. A slight whistle, not enough to scare him but enough to get him to stop, which he did. A long slow breath and you squeeze the trigger. Bang!!!!! Did he go down? No....he's running full speed up the draw and out of sight. How did that happen? Everything was perfect but somehow after all of your careful planning you shot low. You grab your trusty rangefinder and check the distance again, that was right. With the idea in your mind that you couldn't have possibly missed you slide down the ridge to search for a blood trail only to not find one. Thinking to yourself the entire time about the opportunity you've been dreaming of and what could have possibly made it go wrong. Montana Whitetail Hunting Trips

Wow....does this conjure up nightmares for any hunter's out there reading this. It sure does me, of course it is my story, or was as the case may be. But to this day I still haven't figured out how I missed him. But I do have a few ideas. The one that I'm going to blame it on is sighting in my rifle. I had just bought the rifle the previous year after the season was over and had an expensive scope put on it that would allow me to count the flies on a deer's back at 200 yards. When I had bought it, winter had set in with its normal brutality so I wasn't able to make it to the shooting range until June to play with my new toy. Once there I started shooting without a real idea of what I was doing other than trying to hit the target. I shot my new gun close to 30 times that day because man, it felt good to shoot the new gun and see how it ripped that plywood to shreds. I only wished I was ripping the target to shreds as well. I made adjustment after adjustment and by the time I got done I had about 15 holes in my target that was a 14"x 14" square so I figured I was doing pretty well. Montana Whitetail Hunting Trips
The Beauty Of The Sound To Light Technology Bithday Present Ideas For Girls: Overview Of The Ideal Present Ideas Best Online Degree Fit Yummy Mummy Workout Online Brilliant Custom Group Tours Useful Steps To Lose Weight Significance Of Custom Logo Design In Branding Find out how to Shop for Clip-in Hair Extensions by:Dean Cane Mlm Home Business Leads Mlm Training Mlm Leads Glee - The Christmas Album KINECTS light affects facial recognition, the report Payday Cash Advance Online: Scouting For Discounts Virility Ex Review - Does Virility Ex Enlargement Pills Really Work?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.10.137) / Processed in 0.012404 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 3171, 975,