Insurances.net
insurances.net » Mobile Insurance » Mobile Phone Insurance – "It's Dead, That's what's Wrong With It!"
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Mobile Phone Insurance – "It's Dead, That's what's Wrong With It!"

Mobile Phone Insurance "It's Dead, That's what's Wrong With It!"

First of all, apologies to Monty Python, for `borrowing` from one of their most famous sketches, namely, the Pet Shop Sketch. You may recall that the man goes into the pet shop and states that his parrot is dead, and the chap in the shop tries to make all sorts of excuses that it is not dead but just resting!

We can all laugh at the surreal nature of the humour, but this type of thing can be a fairly common occurrence in shops up and down the country, none more so than some of the less savoury shops selling mobile phones. It is for that reason amongst many more obvious ones, that it is a wise man who decides to protect this valuable accessory by taking out mobile phone insurance.

My eldest daughter could not wait to get her own mobile phone. She had just turned eighteen and wanted to be able to go out and impress her friends by showing off her newest gadget. She went out early in the morning to trawl the local shops in Stockport to get her mobile phone. By the afternoon she was back home and none too happy. Evidently, she had tried every shop on the high street and failed credit and security checks at every one. It transpired ironically, that because she had never taken out anything using credit, she did not have a credit history.Mobile Phone Insurance – "It's Dead, That's what's Wrong With It!"

The next day, she was off again, but this time she had been given the name of a shop where she could buy a phone rather than take one on a credit basis.

Sure enough, she came home later parading her new handset. Firmly in her grasp was a nice shiny new phone on one of the major networks. At risk of popping the bubble of her excitement, I ventured that it might be a good idea to maybe take out some mobile phone insurance, bearing in mind that she had just had to pay a fair amount to buy it.

After much face pulling and muttering, she agreed to call the service provider and get the name of a reputable company. Of course if this had been today, she would have been able to just go on the internet and sort it out straightaway. Being good old Dad I agreed to lend her the money for the premium.

Imagine, then, my smug pleasure when she came home a couple of weeks later complaining that her phone would not stay switched on. It seemed that every time she charged the battery, it just switched off anyway?

I suggested that she take it back to the shop.

What ensued evidently was straight out of the Monty Python sketch book! The owner of the shop, a small backstreet place, denied all responsibility stating that once the phone had been used, it was her responsibility. I went with her the next day to confront the shop owner., only to find a large notice across the shop window stating that the shop was closed until further notice and that anyone interested in renting the premises should call the phone number shown!

The journey home was a quiet affair, with much sighing and muttering. That was until I pulled out the mobile phone insurance policy we had taken out on the phone. After a brief explanation, it was arranged to replace the handset at no cost. As I later explained to my daughter, sometimes the old ones are still the best!
Punta Cana World Class Trip Advice Beach Resorts Packages Cuisine Plus Much Much More Things To Think About Preceding To Buying Two-way Radios How to Online Purchase Cell Phones Safely from Huge Selection of Websites? Get Your Ex Boyfriend Or Ex Girlfriend Back - Relationship Advice Significance Of Label Pins And Mobile Phone Cases Now Buy Phone At Online Portals To Get The Most Satisfying Deals The Mixed Megaphone To Toys At 10 Minutes Were Snapped Up Learn How To Buy A Replacement Battery For Your Cell Phone Apple iPhone insurance How You Can Select Sport Earphones Online The Kids Help Phone, Walk So Kids Can Talk -training For A Charity Walk Shopping For Curios In South Africa Fantastic Nashville, Usa Trip Advice On Finding Scheduling And Identifying Discounts On Hotels And M
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.21.244.14) / Processed in 0.012599 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3281, 972,