Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Made Your Fortune Online? Neither Have I, Surprise, Surprise!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Made Your Fortune Online? Neither Have I, Surprise, Surprise!

Made Your Fortune Online? Neither Have I, Surprise, Surprise!

Made Your Fortune Online? Neither Have I, Surprise

, Surprise!

I'm going to have to admit it, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. What follows are my personal experiences of setting up online. I even tried to be sensible by choosing those ideas that seemed plausible and didn't offer too much. I avoided those with pages and pages of self promotion telling me to forget all the others, their ideas were the ones that worked. Maybe it's my age. Maybe I'm just gullible. Maybe I'm too trusting.

I've signed up to so called expert's websites and tried to follow their advice, but either it was too technical, or it was aimed at super high fliers wanting to make millions. I bought into courses from so called mentors who had done it all already and wanted to pass on their expertise. They generally didn't give you enough detail so you were left floundering having to work it out on your own. No luck again.

I've set up two websites and must say I'm proud of the end results, but, they haven't made me any money. I found it fairly easy to do once I found sites where I didn't need to use HTML. The first one was selling antiques, art and collectibles but it wasn't a success. My way of promoting this site was to send my eBay customers the site information when they bought something from me. They visited but didn't buy. That site is now closed. My new site sells a different mix of products but so far it's not doing very well either. I'm told it's all in the promotion and marketing of the site. I don't want to use Facebook or Twitter as I'm not sure I trust them and that's for a younger crowd anyway. I'm also told that viral marketing is the way forward. Give the details to friends who put links on their blogs etc, and then their friends do the same. So it spreads onwards and outwards. I must have very few friends, or be very healthy, cause my virus ain't spreading.

What next? I've tried SEO ( search engine optimisation); I'm writing articles which are getting read; I'm spreading the word locally; I've checked my prices; I've filled out my meta tags; but I'm still waiting on that elusive first sale. I'm retired and don't want to make millions but just have a hobby and an interest.

So, over to you! I've done my bit. Now I need you to tell me where I'm going wrong. Any sensible ideas will be welcome but not those from self styled guru's. Let's see what the power of the internet can really do! Watch this space.

Why not look at my site and visit http://www.sixty-ish.com where you will find:- natural beauty products, natural health products, jewellery and collectibles too. Then tell me where I'm going wrong.

Neil (Daniel) Gibson
Online English Grammar Course ? - Breaking News ! Watch Indian Premier League 2011 Live Online Check Some Trusted eBook Reader Comparison Online How To Find The Right Puggle Breeder Online Obtain Your Dream Degree Easily by Pursuing Online Degree Course Save Money Through Online Flight Booking Service Online Travelling tips in descent packages by Flights Get Quality Dissertation From Online Writing Service Don't Believe The Myths About Selling Online Leo Trader Pro Secret Watch Macgruber (2010) Online free Fifa World Cup 2010 Uruguay Vs France Live Online On Your PC How Online Articles Can Benefit Your Web-site?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.15.248) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.010667 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2906, 973,
Made Your Fortune Online? Neither Have I, Surprise, Surprise! Copenhagen